Protocol violation Error

Protocol violation Error

Hello everybody,

I'm using the Outsystems 8.0 version in the Red Hat environment.

I'm having this error in the JBoss log sometime:

11:08:41,507 ERROR [outsystems.hubedition.util.ServerLog] (http-/0.0.0.0:8080-1) Error closing the transaction to the database: Protocol violation
   at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.readRXH(T4CTTIfun.java:541)
   at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:328)
   at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:191)
   at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C7Ocommoncall.doOCOMMIT(T4C7Ocommoncall.java:75)
   at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.doCommit(T4CConnection.java:565)
   at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.commit(PhysicalConnection.java:3851)
   at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.commit(PhysicalConnection.java:3857)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor193.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at oracle.ucp.jdbc.proxy.JDBCConnectionProxyFactory.invoke(JDBCConnectionProxyFactory.java:264)
   at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy151.commit(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.runtimeplatform.db.DbTransaction.commit(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.runtimeplatform.DBConnectionManager.endTransaction(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.runtimeplatform.DBConnectionManager.freeupResources(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.runtimeplatform.DBTransactionManager.freeupResources(Unknown Source)
   at oslifetimemonitoring.timers.TimerHandlerImpl.executeExecuteTimer(Unknown Source)
   at oslifetimemonitoring.timers.TimerHandlerImpl.ExecuteTimer(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor448.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ManagedReferenceMethodInterceptorFactory$ManagedReferenceMethodInterceptor.processInvocation(ManagedReferenceMetho

Has Anyone had this problem before?

The ojdbc used by platform is "ojdbc6.jar"

Thanks regards.

Hi Tiago,

Well, It's not the first time that I see that error (I'm getting a huge dejavu sensation while googling for the error) but don't remember why it happen and can't seem to find any support case related to it.

Just some quick troubleshooting to get some possible causes out of the way, run these commands and post the output:

source /etc/sysconfig/outsystems
 echo $JAVA_HOME
 $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
 /usr/bin/java -version

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi João.

Please, look the command result:

# echo $JAVA_HOME
/etc/alternatives/java_sdk_1.6.0

# $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_45"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_45-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.45-b01, mixed mode)

# /usr/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_33"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.13.5) (rhel-1.13.5.1.el6_6-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)

Regards.

Hi,

Well that could cause the Jboss to run with OpenJDK instead of the Sun JDK and cause strange issues.

Are you using JBoss AS or EAP?
I'm asking besause I don't see the java configurations in the java checklist on the EAP section. Will have to ask tomorrow if there is a reason for that or if it's only missing.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi João,

Thanks for your help.

We are using JBoss EAP 6.2.2.GA (AS 7.3.2.Final-redhat-2)

Regards
Hi again,

I was told that the Jboss EAP gets the correct java version also from our $JAVA_HOME variable so it is not needed.
Can you run this just to make sure?

ps au --user jboss | grep java

The correct is to say "/etc/alternatives/java_sdk_1.6.0/java" in the command.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi João,

The result was as expected.

It showed 2 process:

jboss     2476  1.1 15.5 5646732 1254272 ?     Sl   Mar30  11:19 /etc/alternatives/java_sdk_1.6.0/bin/java 

jboss     2825  0.6  2.5 3130384 201764 ?      Sl   Mar30   6:13 /etc/alternatives/java_sdk_1.6.0/bin/java

Regards

Tiago Vital