Error while publishing "forge" component

Error while publishing "forge" component

"The application uploaded has a Name already in use by another project."

Note: It is the same application that has been merged into a new eSpace, new application.

Hi Robert,

I didn't quite fully understand your note remark. You've merged your application into a new one (merged the modules from that application with the modules from another one), given it the same name, and tried to publish the "new" application it to the Forge? Is this the case?

Regards,
Ricardo Alves

Ricardo Yes, that is correct.
Applications in the Forge are registered by their key. Given that you created a new Application, even though it may be the same as the other one, when you try to upload it to the Forge, its key will effectively be different, so it will be treated as a new application. Therefore, its name will clash with the one that is uploaded.

That's why you can't upload your application.

Regards,
Ricardo Alves

Ricardo, makes sense.. If the app is set to depleted, would I be able to upload the new app in the same name?
Not quite sure, but I'd say no. However, there is an easy workaround. You can rename the "old" application and publish it to the Forge. It will be associated with a new name. Afterwards, you can publish the "new" application with the name you want. It will no longer clash with the other application. You can mark the "old" one as deprecated, and keep only the "new" one.