Access Denied Error while creating list using default web service in SharePoint 2013

Access Denied Error while creating list using default web service in SharePoint 2013

Hello,

My goal is that, I want to leverage default SharePoint web services in OutSystems application. I want to create sites and lists in my SharePoint 2013 online application using web services through OutSystems.

I was able to get some site specific information, such as, SiteUrl and SiteId using SiteData.asmx web service with the same SharePoint online site.

But, when I tried to create list there, using Lists.asmx web service using AddList web method, I am getting Access Denied error as shown in attached screenshot.

Note: I have provided valid credentials to web service using SetWebReferenceCredencials action from EnhancedWebReferences.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!
Vishal
I've read some complains about authentication of Client Objects in 365, but webservices should be more transparent.
If you can read data, you can write data. The user needs higher permsisions to create lists. Can you use something like RunWithElevatedPrivileges ?