is it possible to change the validation message for client side validation

is it possible to change the validation message for client side validation

Hi,
I am using javastack, outsystems 9 and I would like to do client side validation for form fields with custom validation message. Is it possible? All the validation should happen on the client side without any ajax call.

Thanks,
Thiru

Do you mean the feedback message?

You can change the feedback message, via feedback message widget "message" property.
Not the feedback message, field message, the message which comes on to the right of the field.
Lets say if a field is mandatory, on submit of the form, beside field we see "is Required!" text. I want to customize this text on the client side. On server side i can do it in the save action but on client side how to do it?

Thanks,
Thiru
Hi,

On the right-side tree, click your eSpace name (root level). There's a section allowing you to redefine these messages.
No even that doesnt help me. Those are generic for all the fields.
In my case, lets say i have form with  fields: name, email, work phone, mobile. 
My validation text would be 
"Name is mandatory", "Email is mandatory", "Work phone is mandatory", "Mobile is mandatory". Even though all are text fields, my message is different for each field.

Thanks,
Thiru
Hi,

You need to extend your form with some JavaScript. Simplest way would be triggering the validation using the onblur event, for example (in your input field). Or using the onclick event in your submit button. You can use extended properties for that.

See this help topic (check out the link on Extended Properties).
You may also try the samples in this forum post (it's quite old, not sure if it needs modifications for working in P9).

Note that the really easy way of achieving this would be using the platform's built-in Ajax validations.
Ok Thanks Paulo!