[Bootstrap] Bootstrap Theme Intrigration

[Bootstrap] Bootstrap Theme Intrigration

Forge Component
(17)
Published on 2015-01-11 by Guilherme Pereira
17 votes
Published on 2015-01-11 by Guilherme Pereira
hi i have a bootstrap 3 template and i want to add this template to my outsystems project how can i do this ...

thanks 
speed
Hi Speed,

The component was implemented with bootsrap 3.2.0. if you craete a theme with your bootsrap 3 template and extend the bootsrap theme you should be able to use it (as long as you stick to the base patterns).

The application includes a sample that allows you to see this in action. You can check a sample here.

Cheers,
Guilherme
@ Speed: Were you able to add bootstrap template? How? Can you please share some sample?

@Guiherme: How to to extend the bootstrap theme?

Thanks,
Suraj Borade
Hi Suraj,

The component is open which means that you can download it and make the changes you deem necessary.

Depending on the kind of extension you need you may have to create additional web blocks to wrap additional widgets that are not implemented in the base theme.

For that you can create a new layer on top of the base theme that has your widgets and also your styles and then consume that on your application.

Cheers,
Guilherme

@Guiherme well done sir; this provides a truly responsive framework on a per-element basis (much needed).

Thanks for the kind words Jeff.

@Guilherme, due to the need to drop a lot of elements on the page to satisfy the BS3 structure, do you have any tips for doing this quickly/efficiently from your practice?

Hi Jeff,

The best approach would be for you to open the Widget Tree (CTRL+W) and from the tree have immediate access to all the elements and delete those you need to.

Hope this helps,

Guilherme