Application errors

Application errors

  
Hi everybody,

I have some errors that I get in the Service Center Log and I don't know how to figure out:

error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'string.String(char[])' and 'string.String(char*)' - related to a specific screen. If I remove the screen, the error dissapears. The error is thrown by the Compiler Service.

Could not load type 'ssXXX.Flows.FlowMainFlow.EntryStart'.

I have to say that it's getting pretty frustrating...because I have no other info about them and I cannot run the application... Maybe you have some ideas...


Thanks,
Liviu
Hi Liviu,

Can you do a submit feedback after getting that error? (and include the module in the submit)
So we can see what in your screen is causing it.


Regards,
João Rosado
Hello,

I'll have a look and think about it. It may be a problem to include screens from this internal application.

But aren't there some known causes of the first error?

Thank you,
Liviu
Hi Liviu,

There are some issues reported with that error, but almost none include the Module in the submit feedback. Making it really hard for us to throubleshoot it.
Also from the issues that have modules I cannot replicate the issue on the latest version, so it can be already fixed in 9.0.1.x.

If you could please do a submit feedback with it, it will help us improving the product quality and we will be able to tell you exactly where the problem is.
Without that the only thing I can say regarding the causes is that it looks like related to ListAppend actions.

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi João,

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately I cannot post my eSpace because it is an internal application. I'll try to have a look for myself for now...

Maybe I'll post just that screen. Is that enough?

Thanks,
Liviu
Hi Liviu,

I was able to find the problem in your screen, but can't test the fix since you only sent the single screen.
The problem is related to variables of type Text List. The issue is fixed in 9.0.0.35+ (#809375 Fixed compilation of basic type lists in some scenarios).
So I recommend the upgrade to the latest version

The variables causing the problem are (at least some) of these:


...It's not easy to workaround it, since you have many auxiliary functions that are recieving the lists as argument ("GetSalesOrganizationValue", "GetOutputSettingValue", ...)

But you can try to change them to Text RecordList.


And create an auxiliary function to convert the 2 lists

TextRecordListToList(ValueOfSalesOrganization)


As for the submit feedbacks, anything submited is always treated as Confidential Information.
And you can also do it from Service Studio using the Help menu. (Submits from Service Center won't work if the servers do not have outside network connectivity)
You also always have the option to contact OutSystems Support directly to get a faster reply, instead of getting stuck.



Regards,
João Rosado
Hello,

Thanks for the reply and for investigating. It's really helpful.

I checked and I have version 9.0.0.38 so... this didn't fix the problem...

I will try to implement your suggestions and will come back with results.

Thanks,
Liviu
Hi Liviu,

The issue is server side, so that is a Platform Server version.
Did you check the platforn or the Development Environment version?

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
João Rosadl
Hello,

I was refering to the Development Environment version, sorry.

It's not up to me to upgrade to a newer Server version, unfortunately.

I've read and tried to come up with a solution, but changing those variable types will mess up a lot of code and it will require a lot of work to fix.

The weird thing is that I have the exact same variables in another screen. With just this first screen, the app works ok. When I include the second screen, it generates that error.
Ok, so I found the problem.

I have to screens: Screen A and Screen B.

I have some variables of type List of Text in Screen A. I also have some ListClear actions in OnChange that clear those variables. The app runs ok now.

When I create a variable of type List Of Text in Screen B the app still runs ok. But when I use ListClear in this screen as well, on that variable, the error appears.

Weird, right?

I'll see how can we upgrade to a new Server version, but it would be great if I can do something to fix this...something that does not imply many changes to the application.

Thanks,
Liviu
Hi,
 
I already responded privately to Liviu, but in case that someone has the same problem, here is a workaround:
 
The problem was related to the ListClear action, so instead of using this do clear the list you just need to do a "trick"... which basically consists in having an empty variable of type Text List, and when you need to clear, simply assign the variable you want to clear the empty variable.

See screenshot here: http://screencast.com/t/w1f9VE9J0p

Cheers
V
Hello,
 
Unfortunately I found a problem with this approach.
 
The problem is that when I have Var1 and Var2 and I do the “clear assignment” Var1 = Empty and Var2 = Empty these 2 variables will point to the same memory address, so any change in Var2 will reflect in Var1 and vice-versa. Even more, the Empty value will become not empty, so it will need to be cleared.
 
I can use an Empty variable for each list, but then I have to Clear each of them, which brings overhead or, even worse, it will generate the same error.

It would be great if another solution exists. I undestand that this is fixed in version 9.0.1.x.

Thanks,
Liviu