Error: Bulk Custom Logger is in status Error

Error: Bulk Custom Logger is in status Error

Hi Everyone,

I keep getting  Error: Bulk Custom Logger is in status Error on my servers. Can someone pls advise me? Thanks.
Hi Raymond,

That error is not specific. Can you get the error detail? You can get it by going to Service Center <youserveraddress>/ServiceCenter and browse to Monitoring | Errors and selecting "Detail" on the error.
Hi Tiago,

The error is not detected in the Errors, but found in Monitoring/General which has no details.

Can you guide me where to retrieve more details of the errors? Thanks.
Raymond,

My first guess would be that you are using Custom Log component. What is the eSpace mentioned on the log, on the left of that message?
But Custom Log is now deprecated. The platform has asynchronous logging mechanisms by default since version 8, that's why Custom Log component is no longer supported.
What Platform Server version are you running? Did you make any upgrade recently?
Hi,

Actually Custom Logs are still supported. They are a mechanism to bulk insert data from different requests using the asynchronous logging system. Here is the technote about it.

Raymond if you go to Monitoring->Environment Health->Log
It lists the details of the log service there. Can you see any more details of the error there?

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi Guys,

I just set up my platform, no customisation was done yet. Not sure about the custom log being mentioned?
I am new new, can guide me along?

Thanks.
Raymond,

The machine already had Windows Server and IIS? Have you followed the installation checklist? (available here: http://www.outsystems.com/home/downloadsdetail/88/1182/ )
By following that checklist your platform should end up running without problems. The custom logging is available by default since platform 8 - probably your case, so it's there already installed for you.

What version of OutSystems Platform Server have you installed?
Hi Tiago,

this is the error msg:

System.Messaging.MessageQueueException (0x80004005): Access to Message Queuing system is denied.
   at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.SaveQueueProperties()
   at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.set_MaximumQueueSize(Int64 value)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.ServerCommon.MsmqHelper.ConfigureQueue(MessageQueue mQueue, Int32 maxQueueSize, IEnumerable`1 extraOwnerUsers)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.ServerCommon.MsmqHelper.CreateQueue(String queuePath, Int32 maxQueueSize, IEnumerable`1 extraOwnerUsers)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.ServerCommon.MsmqHelper.CreateQueue(String queuePath, Int32 maxQueueSize)
   at #g6e.#x6e.#r6e()
   at #g6e.#x6e.#q9.#H7e()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.ServerCommon.SandboxUtils.ExecuteForAllSandboxes(Action action)
   at #g6e.#x6e.#nIe()

Seems like only 1 front-end server is having problem....
Raymond,

On your server, you may have missed an important step on the configuration of Message Queuing.

In registry, add the AlwaysWithoutDS DWORD (32-bit) registry value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters\Setup, with a value of 1: 
The message queues will always try to contact a message queue server when running on a server registered in a domain, even if installed as local.

Check the registry for that.