How does the data gets stored

How does the data gets stored

I am a newbie started doing training,might be silly question. I would like to know where the datas entered in the forms gets stored? Is there any database. If I want to store these datas in to a SQL database or an Oracle database how would I do that.

Thanks
The Outsystems platform automatically creates a SQL Server, MySQL (version 9) or Oracle database where all data is stored.  If you are testing using the Personal Edition, it is SQL Server.

One of the great things about Outsystems is that, normally, you don't need to know any of the details.  Outsystems will generate the code for the database you are using with one exception, Advanced Queries that use database specific functions.

Hope that helps,
Curt
If there is an existing database in the SQL server, if the datas from the forms are needed to be entered in to the database, how can this be done.

Thanks
If you have an existing database, Outsystem provides a method to connect to that database using a connection string (similar to an ODBC connection) but unless your database is exposed to the public Internet, your personal edition environment will never be able to see it.

If all you are trying to do is test things, you can export data from your database and then import it into your Outsystems environment.  Be aware that this will be time comsuming and difficult if you have lots of interrelated tables with foreign keys.

What I've done in the past is to replicate the existing database tables (entities in Outsystems) with some dummy data, usually in a separate eSpace, and reference it in your application.  You can then show what is possible before commiting money to buy a version that can access your existing database.

Curt