external web site

external web site

May I ask how to link to a dynamic external web site.

eric wang wrote:
May I ask how to link to a dynamic external web site.

I know there is an option to it, but can I use an input parameter as the dynamic URL?

Hi Eric,

Use an External Site for that. Right-click it and choose Add Dynamic URL. When you link your button (or link) to it, you'll be able to specify the URL.
See also the online help topic.
Paulo Ramos wrote:
Hi Eric,

Use an External Site for that. Right-click it and choose Add Dynamic URL. When you link your button (or link) to it, you'll be able to specify the URL.
See also the online help topic.
 Thank you. I want use an input parameter which is get from the database as the URL, how can I get that?

Hi,

Right-click the external site in the tree again and choose Add Input Parameter. You'll probably need an aggregate as well, to load the URL / parameter to use in runtime.
How to use the aggregate? It seems that we don`t have it on external web site.
Paulo Ramos wrote:
Hi,

Right-click the external site in the tree again and choose Add Input Parameter. You'll probably need an aggregate as well, to load the URL / parameter to use in runtime.
 Sorry, How to use the aggregate? It seems that we don`t have it on external web site.

You use the aggregate in the screen from which you are redirecting the user to the external site, if you need to load the dynamic URL / parameters from the database.

To learn more, take a look in chapter 4 of the online training.
Hey Paulo, Thanks for sharing the chapter 4 link. I was having the same problem because I am new to website development and I sloved it successfully through the guideline.