Silk UI Framework - SU's usage

Silk UI Framework - SU's usage

Hi everyone,

I haven't wrapped up everything yet from Next Step 2015, but one thing that was mentioned and some interested members might not know is related with Silk UI Software Units.

So, for those interested:
In the RAD Tech "RAD Remakes Modern UI Frameworks: Silk UI Is Born" was said by Gonçalo Veiga (correct me if I'm wrong...) that OutSystems is discussing internally the issue of the software units used by Silk UI being counted or not towards the License SUs limit, or some other alternative...

It's not good news, but is possible good news ;)
I understand somewhat that SilkUI is not (yet) a system component, but I think that it should be, and as such not count with regards to SUs.
Tiago, 

I might have understood wrong but my understanding was this:
- Silk UI is around 20k SU's, and they will be counted for the total as this is not being considered by Outsystems as a platform component. As such it will be available on the forge and this way it will also have its own release cycles not dependant on the platform releases.
- Outsystems is internally discussing how to redesign the SU model as a whole and not just regarding Silk UI.

My thoughts on this are mixed, the component seems truly great and it shows that a lot of effort has been put into it, but 20k is just way too much for small clients...

Cheers,
Hermínio
Funny that SU's are still used.
Thought with introduction of 9 (or 8 even) the new measure was AO's

@Hermínio
If this would be a global change on the SU model it would be even more significant then.

@Joost
Various measures coexist. I guess all depends on the commercial relation, previous contracts and so on...
Tiago Neves wrote:
In the RAD Tech "RAD Remakes Modern UI Frameworks: Silk UI Is Born" was said by Gonçalo Veiga (correct me if I'm wrong...) that OutSystems is discussing internally the issue of the software units used by Silk UI being counted or not towards the License SUs limit, or some other alternative...

It's not good news, but is possible good news ;)
I was in that track and I heard that too, but after 3 months nothing changed.

The worst part is that SilkUI Framework does not have the same weight on environments with software units and application objects.

SilkUI Framework consumes 22.258 software units / 13 application objects

For an environment of 150.000 SU SilkUI represents 14.8%
For an environment of 300.000 SU SilkUI represents 7.4%

But...

For an environment of 200 AO SilkUI represents 6.5%
For an environment of 600 AO SilkUI represents 2.2%

The SilkUI eSpace has a huge number of web blocks and some static entities. Since AO don't count web blocks, just web screens, it's only counting the 12 static entities and 1 web screen.
On the other hand, software units count all the web blocks, the static entities (heavy on SUs), the themes, the structures, the site properties, the session variables, all the logic and much more.