[Dublin Template] Version 1.0.4 bug

[Dublin Template] Version 1.0.4 bug

Forge Component
(18)
Published on 11 Nov (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs
18 votes
Published on 11 Nov (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs
Hi.

With version 1.0.4, the menu in Small Desktop and Tablet view doesn't work.
It's resized to a smaller size but the submenu panel does not open. I've tested with latest version of Chrome and Firefox and the behavior is the same.

PS: Dublin also comes with 4 unused session variables that could be removed:

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for all your feedback.
We were able to replicate the issue and we are working on it.
We will let you know as soon as possible when the fix will be available.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hi Samuel.

A few more problems I've found, most of them with Firefox 38.0.5:

#1 Login Form: inputs

This only happens with Firefox. It does not show like this with Chrome.
I've fixed it changing the input width to "(fill parent)" instead of the default "28char".

#2 Notification icon vertical aligment

In Firefox the notification icon is not vertically aligned with the logged user name.

#3 Font Errors

I'm getting this errors with Google Chrome:

Failed to decode downloaded font: http://MY_IP/SilkUIFonts/fonts/Oswald-Regular.woff

And this ones with Firefox:
downloadable font: rejected by sanitizer (font-family: "Oswald" style:normal weight:normal stretch:normal src index:1) source: http://MY_IP/SilkUIFonts/fonts/Oswald-Regular.woff

downloadable font: rejected by sanitizer (font-family: "Oswald" style:normal weight:300 stretch:normal src index:1) source: http://MY_IP/SilkUIFonts/fonts/Oswald-Light.woff

Hello Carlos, 

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the feedback.
We will add this issues to our backlog.

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hello,

We have just released a new version of Dublin Theme with the submenu issue fixed.

In order to fix that issue we had to remove the scroll inside the menu, as it would require a major refactoring of the menu structure and logic.
Since we don´t have scroll, we did some changes to support a larger number of menu items. So, when there is not enough space on the screen to show the entire menu, the menu will lose the icons in order to show more items.

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hi Samuel,

I've updated Dublin Theme to v1.0.5 on my environment and the problem was not fixed. I still can't open submenus on small desktop.
Doesn't this require also a new version of SilkUI Framework? Because, if I install SilkUI Framework v1.0.1 the problem doesn't exist.
Hello Carlos,

No, you don´t need to install a different version of SilkUI.
Can you please start a new test application from scratch and check if the issue is also there?

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

On a new app it works :/
I must find out what I have changed in the menu CSS that could broke the menu.
Do you have any clue on what CSS change could prevent the menu to work on small desktop mode?

Thanks
Hello Carlos,

Please make sure that on your custom CSS you don't have an overflow in the menu containers.
Also, check if you have the references to the Dublin Theme up to date.

Best regards, 
Samuel Jesus

Solution
That's it.
It was caused by a js scrollbar I added to the menu, that adds an overflow to the menu container.

The problem is that I really need the scrollbar, because my application has a big menu. It's most needed for the desktop mode, because the submenu open to the bottom of the top menu which causes an increase in the height of the menu content and the need to use scrollbars. If I don't use scollbars, some of the menu options disappear from the screen and are completely inaccessible.

I've managed to quick fix this, adding some CSS to my js scrollbar to not display when in .desktop.small or .tablet mode.
It now works with scrollbars\overflow for desktop mode and without the scollbars for desktop.small and tablet.
Solution