outsystems platform : what can't you do in mysql that you can do in sql server? 

outsystems platform : what can't you do in mysql that you can do in sql server? 

what can't you do in mysql that you can do in sql server? (found 1 missing feature: database catalogs, are there any more missing features?)
None that I recall.

But there are some differences between SQL Server and MySQL in terms of performance. For example, MySQL is lightning fast for simple queries, not so much when joins are involved.

Additionally, MySQL performance with views is worse than SQL Server and Oracle (this is specially relevant when developing multi-tenant applications). You may also run into performance problems when lots of data is involved.

Other than this, nothing more I can think of out of the blue.
MySQL doesn't cache execution plans. That makes it much less efficient in a high-volume environment.

J.Ja
Ricardo Silva wrote:
None that I recall.

All features available in outsystems platform .NET for SQL Server/Oracle, is also available in MySQL (Except for database catalogs)?

Ricardo Silva wrote:
But there are some differences between SQL Server and MySQL in terms of performance. For example, MySQL is lightning fast for simple queries, not so much when joins are involved.

Additionally, MySQL performance with views is worse than SQL Server and Oracle (this is specially relevant when developing multi-tenant applications). You may also run into performance problems when lots of data is involved.

Other than this, nothing more I can think of out of the blue.
 Typically you can improve performance by adding memcached to cache data and objects into RAM. However this feature is not supported by outsystems, you can not simply install and enable memcached out of the box!

Justin James wrote:
MySQL doesn't cache execution plans. That makes it much less efficient in a high-volume environment.

J.Ja
True! 
Solution
No, you can't install memcached out-of-the-box. But caching is supported natively by the OutSystems Platform if you're on the .NET stack.

If not, you can add cache using an extension. I know there are a couple of customers who do this with ehcache.
Solution

Hi,
Just a question regarding to cache, i need to cashe a page with all its huge data so if going to the next page and press back i need to go to the original page without loading it from the server, only the cached on local machine which i did before, can you please help me
Ahmad, cache the query output an action! this should solve your issue!

Thanks, can you please tell me how to do this, please send me link to do check how please

It's in the aggregate (and SQL) properties, "Cache in Minutes".

I should note that cache isn't implemented in Java, which is Ahmad Ali's stack.

So it's possible an alternate path will need to be taken by him.