Conflicting names

Conflicting names

Hi,

Service Studio has a feature that doesn't allow to create conflicting names. E.g. when I have a local variable MyVariable and I try to create a new one with the same name, SS automatically appends "2" at the end of the name, producing a unique name (in this case: MyVariable2). This is obvious and useful. I can always change the new name to something more meaningful, e.g. MyNewVariable.

But now I have some issue that I can't understand. I try to create a static entity NotificationName - and SS doesn't allow me to give such a name and all the time appends "2". I have checked the whole application; I have changed all existing local variables and user action parameters to NotificationNameX. Now I have no "NotificationName" used as a name of anything. I have used "Find and replace" function to look for "NotificationName" in the whole eSpace - nothing.  But SS keeps adding "2"......

Is it some reserved name or has SS too good memory :-) ?

Any hints will be appreciated.

Regards
Tomasz
Did you updated your references, maybe the name is still in memory of a different espace?
No, all references (to my modules as well as external modules) seem to be updated,

Regards
Tomasz
NotificationName doesn't look like a reserved word.

Do you have anything else in your factory named like that? The only thing I can think of is if there is a hidden reference to something named like that (like it used to happen with Group).

What version of the platform are you in. You can always call your friendly neighborhood support team to check what's up with that module :)

It seems that the root of the troubles is that I've once tried to create such an entity. Then I gave up this idea and I even cleared the database deleting unused tables. But it seems to be not enough for SS....

Regards
Tomasz
Like I said, there's probably a lingering hidden reference in your module. Do contact our support team so we can take a look into it :)