Code Overridden

  
Hi,
We are using java stack on outsystems and version 9.0.
We are working 6 people in the OutSystem espace. We are facing code override frequently. We wants to find the root cause of the same. People are working properly but even the same things is seen multiple times.

Team get the merge alert box while publish, auto merge and manual merge any of the options makes to code override. Not sure how things going wrong. 

Also, lets say one developer fixed page1 taken screen shot for the fix and start working on the other page. after 2/3 days he found the code is overridden / its reverted to old code. Now how to find how this overridden happend. Is there is any history to find the same.

Also PFA is the image which shows an warning message while publishing sometimes.

Waiting for a response for the solution. Mainly if there is history on the override.


My team never uses auto-merge... we always opt to manually merge the changes.

But I risk to say someone is messing up the merge.
Hi Bipasha,

If you override the default selection in the merge window, you will loose code from others. Using ServiceCenter you can look at a module history (in the versions tab) to find when the code was lost. You should see a mark stating the version is not based on the previous version.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Bipasha Ghosh wrote:
Hi,
We are using java stack on outsystems and version 9.0.
We are working 6 people in the OutSystem espace. We are facing code override frequently. We wants to find the root cause of the same. People are working properly but even the same things is seen multiple times.

Team get the merge alert box while publish, auto merge and manual merge any of the options makes to code override. Not sure how things going wrong. 

Also, lets say one developer fixed page1 taken screen shot for the fix and start working on the other page. after 2/3 days he found the code is overridden / its reverted to old code. Now how to find how this overridden happend. Is there is any history to find the same.

Also PFA is the image which shows an warning message while publishing sometimes.

Waiting for a response for the solution. Mainly if there is history on the override.

 
 
 
Hi João,

I'm curious. Do you change the selections that are presented in the merge window, or you just open it to see the changes from others?

Cheers,
Lúcio

Joao Heleno wrote:
My team never uses auto-merge... we always opt to manually merge the changes.

But I risk to say someone is messing up the merge.
 
 
Hi Lúcio,
I always check all in the left (now it takes forever because the check all "doesn't work") and then I go pick the stuff I want to merge on the right.

And sometimes, we have to go delete stuff (after the merge) that isn't supposed to go. This happens when we have mixed changes in the same place that aren't supposed to go at the same time.

This method might seem odd but it's the one that works with our client. 

This topic has been debated before in another post... I will try to provide you an example soon.
Hi João.

Can you post your scenario in a different thread?

Thanks.
Hi Lucio,
Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that if a developer in a team has overridden someons code in the version control there will be a Exclamation mark. Is it applicable if the developer is overriding one file or if he reverted to the previous version? Also is it giving more information on each file level those are overridden?

We are looking for logs which gives some file level overridden details.

Thanks.






Lúcio Ferrão wrote:
Hi Bipasha,

If you override the default selection in the merge window, you will loose code from others. Using ServiceCenter you can look at a module history (in the versions tab) to find when the code was lost. You should see a mark stating the version is not based on the previous version.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Bipasha Ghosh wrote:
Hi,
We are using java stack on outsystems and version 9.0.
We are working 6 people in the OutSystem espace. We are facing code override frequently. We wants to find the root cause of the same. People are working properly but even the same things is seen multiple times.

Team get the merge alert box while publish, auto merge and manual merge any of the options makes to code override. Not sure how things going wrong. 

Also, lets say one developer fixed page1 taken screen shot for the fix and start working on the other page. after 2/3 days he found the code is overridden / its reverted to old code. Now how to find how this overridden happend. Is there is any history to find the same.

Also PFA is the image which shows an warning message while publishing sometimes.

Waiting for a response for the solution. Mainly if there is history on the override.

 
 
 
 
 
Bipasha Ghosh wrote:

Hi Bipasha,

To see the differences in detail you need to open the version with the exclamation mark (using service studio) and then use the option "compare with another version or file" and pick the previous version.

Is it applicable if the developer is overriding one file or if he reverted to the previous version?

There is no difference between those two scenarios...

Regards,
Lúcio

PS: Let me know if this solved your problem.