1.11 ToDo Challenge!

1.11 ToDo Challenge!

It's easy
Hi toshiyuki matsumoto,

Glad you were able to resolve the challenge with ease. Move on to the next course to learn more stuff :)
I am on Mac : (  Will buy a PC asp.  
It is easy to follow your instructions, you are a great teacher.
Thanks
Hello!

I've used a diferent aproach for the priority images to experiment the upload to database feature and created a configuration page to define the priorities.

You can access my demo here:

Regards,
Miguel Gonçalves
Well done Miguel!
Hi Miguel,
have 1 question and 1 remarkt.
remark:
could not find the bitmaps so I took som of my own choise.

question:
I cannot connect to the mobile platform using dhegger.oursystemcloud.com usig the mobile app

kind regards, Dop
Hi Dop,

I believe you misspelled the URL it should probably be http://dhegger.outsystemscloud.com/
André Vieira wrote:
Hi Dop,

I believe you misspelled the URL it should probably be http://dhegger.outsystemscloud.com/

Hi André,

have tried this several times but without succes

kind regards,
Dop
What is the error you are getting?
Note: use just the domain url without the http... dhegger.outsystemscloud.com
the rquired outsystems nowservice was not detected. if the location entered above is accurate,
pleasecheck the instructionc on preparing you installations at labs.outsystems.net/native
Dop Hegger wrote:
Hi Miguel,
have 1 question and 1 remarkt.
remark:
could not find the bitmaps so I took som of my own choise.

question:
I cannot connect to the mobile platform using dhegger.oursystemcloud.com usig the mobile app

kind regards, Dop
 Hi Dop,

Yes the pictures were uploaded trough the app and stored on the database. I opted for that aproach to test how to create this implementation.

Regards,
Miguel

Dop,

You need to install OutSystems Now on your personal environment. Follow the instructions you have in the previous lesson.
Dear André

I did install it
on my phone i see a get the read outsystems screen were I type the url.
the only thing I can think of is the mail address that is not installed on my phone?

kind regards,
Dop
Dear André

I can get it to work on my mobile when I start the app from the browser.
(it's a little difficult becaus of the small text)

kind regards,
Dop

Dop,

Besides the app you install on your phone you need to install OutSystems Now app in your personal environment.
Those instructions are on the previous lesson. Inside the development environment click the Install button and search for OutSystems Now and install it. After that you should be able to connect.
Dear André,

Yes that was the missing link!

Thanks for the support
Dop

Hello André,

I need to validate a variable content medisnte another, ie, the first will only be met if there is value <> in the  second pixels. How do I do?
Isabel,

I'm affraid I don't follow you. Can you use a screenshot to explain your issue?
 André,

My question relates to paragraph 5 of the above exercise.
 How can I verify isCompleted variable, if value depends on the existence of values in CompleteDate variable.
Isabel,

Check the hints on that exercise. You should create a new attribute IsCompleted in the entity.
Hello!

I would really like to do the ToDo Challenge excercise, but this page (except for the Questions tab) is empty. Is their a way to get it (or is it my browser? Chrome on Windows)?

Thanks and regards, Fons
Hi Fons,

It seems we have a problem embedding the form from our provider. We are already taking care of this issue. In the mean time you can use the attach PDF to complete the challenge.

We are sorry about this inconvenience.
Hi André,

Thanks for the quick reply and the PDF, for now it's enough to continue!

Thanks again! Fons 

André Vieira wrote:
Hi Fons,

It seems we have a problem embedding the form from our provider. We are already taking care of this issue. In the mean time you can use the attach PDF to complete the challenge.

We are sorry about this inconvenience.

This is my third attempt at creating this app. Please just see what I am doing wrong and I can't figure out how to continue the other tasks. When I launch it online, the data doesn't process. My tables still remain empty. Maybe there's something I'm missing. I am already going for my forth attempt. Please have a look and give me feedback.

https://perfectsaint99.outsystemscloud.com/Tasks2/Home.aspx?_ts=635780182403906207

Regards
Hi Carol,

It seems there are a few things that could be causing confusion here.

The reason you aren't seeing any data in the To Do List page of Tasks2 is because the Tasks Entity hasn't been bootstrapped with data in the Tasks2 module.  I am guessing this because the Timer, Action, and Resources that typcially help bootstrap the data don't exist in this module.  So unless you deleted them, they never existed in this module.

You completed those step in your original Tasks module which you are referencing from the Tasks2 module.  Unfortunately the Tasks Entity you created and bootstrapped in the Tasks module is not referenced in the Tasks2 module.  The Tasks entity in the Tasks2 module is a new/unique entity that has its own table in the database which currently seems to be empty.  If you bootstrap the Tasks entity in the Tasks2 module you should see the data in your To Do List page.

When I navigate to Tasks2 module's Home page link you shared we get an empty To Do List page.  If I click the Task menu in the page, the page seems to fill with data.  This is because that link takes us to your Tasks module To Do List page and it has data that includes the green Completed! images.  You can tell this is being done by your Tasks module by looking at the URL.  The context root of the URL changes from Tasks2 to Tasks when we click the Task Menu.

So you can continue with the Tasks2 module by bootstrapping the data, but you will probably need to try to fix the Menus.  You could also use your Tasks module.  It seems like you had made nice progress on that To Do List page.

Hope this wasn't too confusing and helps a little.

carol mpungose wrote:
This is my third attempt at creating this app. Please just see what I am doing wrong and I can't figure out how to continue the other tasks. When I launch it online, the data doesn't process. My tables still remain empty. Maybe there's something I'm missing. I am already going for my forth attempt. Please have a look and give me feedback.

https://perfectsaint99.outsystemscloud.com/Tasks2/Home.aspx?_ts=635780182403906207

Regards

Hi Carol,

I've looked into your OML and debugged it.
I found out that the GetTasks aggregate (in the Preparation of your Tasks screen), has a Filter to select completed tasks (completion=True).
Now, when you create a task, it is set as not completed by default (completion=False).
This way, when you go back to the Tasks screen no tasks are returned by the aggregate because of the Filter.
If you remove the Filter it should work fine.

Kind regards,

jaime

P.S.: In attach, you can find an image of the Filter in the aggregate.
Hi in the example below i sent, Im trying to get the input parameters (CompletedDate and Status) to be sent to Database when i press the "complete task" button, but when i press the button it doesnt change the data in the DataBase, I don't know what im doing wrong in Action "Complete".
Hi Orbitz,

You were really close.  I think you want to switch the order of the variables in your assignment.

You're getting the current task from the database in Task2 and then you are assigning those values to your Complete Action input variables.  Then you're updating the Task with the returned values which haven't been changed.

Switching the assignment order to GetTask2.Record.Tasks.Status = Status will assign your input variable to the returned record and that should update the database the way you want.

Orbitz wrote:
Hi in the example below i sent, Im trying to get the input parameters (CompletedDate and Status) to be sent to Database when i press the "complete task" button, but when i press the button it doesnt change the data in the DataBase, I don't know what im doing wrong in Action "Complete".

Thanks alot Scott the reason i didnt change the order is because the platform was sugesting the other way... programming  is always var1 = var2  meaning value in 2 goes to 1,  have to think out of the box :)

Scott Karabin
wrote:
Hi Orbitz,

You were really close.  I think you want to switch the order of the variables in your assignment.

You're getting the current task from the database in Task2 and then you are assigning those values to your Complete Action input variables.  Then you're updating the Task with the returned values which haven't been changed.

Switching the assignment order to GetTask2.Record.Tasks.Status = Status will assign your input variable to the returned record and that should update the database the way you want.

Orbitz wrote:

Hi
In the example i sent i want to refresh TaskTable_wrapper with one of the three filters, i made a action with 3 switches even only making a direct action it doesnt make a ajax request to change the selected content, any one know a way around?
Hi
I was able to perform the calculation of duration and filter for completed tasks.  To display these values in the screen I was able to choose the tittle and dates fields but I was not sure as to how to display the calculated duration value done in the preparation
Hi Subash,

In the module you attached I miss all this logic about calculating the duration.... Nonetheless you probably used as we indicate a calculated column in the aggregate to calculate the duration. To display it on the screen you add a new column to the Table Records for the duration and then you place an expression widget in that column and set the expression to display the value of the calculated column that you'll find in the Table Records list property.

Cheers
Thanks - this worked
André Vieira wrote:
Hi Subash,

In the module you attached I miss all this logic about calculating the duration.... Nonetheless you probably used as we indicate a calculated column in the aggregate to calculate the duration. To display it on the screen you add a new column to the Table Records for the duration and then you place an expression widget in that column and set the expression to display the value of the calculated column that you'll find in the Table Records list property.

Cheers

I made a boostrap with a excel file and the priority column is not displayed when I publish de application but in the the Aggregate is visible, I don't understand why
Hi Mara, 

Can you share the module with us so that we can take a look? You can export the module using Ctrl+S.

Cheers 
André Vieira wrote:
Hi Mara, 

Can you share the module with us so that we can take a look? You can export the module using Ctrl+S.

Cheers 

Mara,

I don't see a column for the priority in the Table Records widget on the Tasks screen. You can create this column by dragging the Priority attribute from the Task entity into the Table Records.

Hope this helps.
Hello,

I just finished doing this challenge and submited it at the end. I downloaded the example and wanted to see it in order to compare it with mine, but i can't install it because it has the same name.
Is there a way to change the name before instaling it or do i have to change the name of mine?

Thanks
Hi Hugo,

You can change the name of your module. Open the Application change its name and then open the module and change its name and publish. This should be enough for you to install the example.

Cheers
How to DELETE a record from the GRID directory using actions?
Hi,
How to DELETE a record from the GRID directory using actions? - My earlier message got truncated with this text area. I've not found a reference to help me understand the DELETE option in GRIDs.

Also for UPDATES - I m using another Web screen - doing the update using "=" action and returning to the LIST page.
?Is there any other way to do this directy specifying the action on GRID ROW ACTION ? (Same I plan to use for DELETE and UPDATE).
Thanks and regard
Amjad 
Hi
Found the solution. It was by accessing the "DELETE" functionlaity from the "Execute Action" method

Regards
Amjad
Hi Amjad,

I'm not sure I'm following you... :(
There's a widget that allows to edit records in bulk which is the Editable Table
Is that what you're looking for?

Cheers
Hi
How to check priority between 1 to 3?

yanagi
Hi yang guang,

If you're talkgin about replacing the priority value with the images you can use the UI If widget and test that value of the Priority attribute against 1,2, or 3 to display the proper image. Hint: You can nest this widget to test all values.

Just sumitted my challenge assignment.
This tutorial was very informative.

Thank you.
tutorial muito bom para quem ta começando no ramo de desenvolvimento 
muito obrigado.
Hi, 

I am trying to relate Project with Tasks but still facing issues to both show and update records. My module is attached and I'd appreciate if someone can help. Thanks.
Hi Caio,

In the "Adicionar Tarefa" screen your combo box for the project name is not being populated correctly because your using the aggregate from the task itself.
You can either fix the combo box by removing the "Source Record List" property and setting "Source Entity" to the "Projetos" entity, and Source Attribute to "Nome".

Other way to fix this is to use scaffolding. Delete the combo box from the screen, then drag Tarefas.ProjetoId from Data tab into the form.

Regards,
Miguel
Hello :)

I have found the Outsystem to be very good and easy to learn.

I have submited my assignment too. Please check it out.

Thank you.
Hola, dejo mi aporte. Funciona todo OK!
En español.
I have Submitted my Challenge solution....Please check it out

Submited, waiting for a feedback ^^

Best regards
Hello

I have a question, how can I create a restriction to that the user can't set a number different to 1, 2 or 3 in the priority? It's possible change the table records in the priority to make a list with this options?

Thank you
Hi Jorge,

Yes and yes. It is both possible to create form validations in order to restrict the values of the priorities to 1,2, or 3, and better yet it is also possible to add a combo box control to restrict the values that the user can select. You'll see this later in the training in the Developer Fundamentals course. Very early in the course, you'll learn how to model data and you'll have a lesson covering what we call Static Entities. These are sort of enumerates and allow you to define the possible values for an attribute, in this case, it would be the priority. This attribute can then be added with a combo box control.

Cheers

Hi,

How do I make an automatic update to the IsCompleted and CompleteDate attributes with an action?

The update action only let's me choose a group of records (Entity) for me to say what is going to be update if I'm doing a manual update.

Nothing like this was referenced during the One Hour tutorial...

Best regards

Hello,

I'm trying to solve the 1.11 ToDo Challenge and now I'm stuck at task 4 because the following error message appeared:

"[W8NQMU036].DBO.[OSUSR_O5M_TASKS] with key 0 was not updated"

My application seems to be valid.  I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. 

Thank you in advance.

Marta Completo wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to solve the 1.11 ToDo Challenge and now I'm stuck at task 4 because the following error message appeared:

"[W8NQMU036].DBO.[OSUSR_O5M_TASKS] with key 0 was not updated"

My application seems to be valid.  I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Marta,

I should see your solution to see whats going wrong exactly. But it seems you are trying to use the update action with a task record that has no id value set. When you supply the id field platform will know which record to update with the values supplied in the record that was passed as the parameter for the update action. You could also use a aggregate or advanced query to get the original record, update the records value and pass that record to the update action.

Hope this helps a bit, if not, upload your project so i can show you.

Regards

Bruno Henriques wrote:

Hi,

How do I make an automatic update to the IsCompleted and CompleteDate attributes with an action?

The update action only let's me choose a group of records (Entity) for me to say what is going to be update if I'm doing a manual update.

Best regards

Hi Bruno,

Since no one answered you question, i will give it a go. You probably already figured it out by now, but if not, maybe i can help you.

The best and simplest way to update a record, is to retrieve the record using a aggregate or advanced SQL query (if you know the id of the record, you can also use the Entities Get action or depending on your needs, the GetForUpdate action). 

Once you have the original record you can set the new values for that record and use the Entities Update action to save the changes to the db.

Hope this helped, if not let me know what i should clarify!

Regards

Hey,

Can someone check my TODO app in outsystems & let me know improvement areas. Thanks !!

Regards,

Sindhura A

Just submitted my application.

Great tutorial for those who want to start developping in outsystmens, was very informative.

Thanks.

Thanks Fons only was able to pick this up again today and it was very easy only the name assign variables was tricking me into thinking that I could only assign values to local variables and not actual entity values.

Best regards,

Bruno Henriques

Fons Roelandt wrote:

Bruno Henriques wrote:

Hi,

Best regards

Hi Bruno,

Since no one answered you question, i will give it a go. You probably already figured it out by now, but if not, maybe i can help you.

The best and simplest way to update a record, is to retrieve the record using a aggregate or advanced SQL query (if you know the id of the record, you can also use the Entities Get action or depending on your needs, the GetForUpdate action). 

Once you have the original record you can set the new values for that record and use the Entities Update action to save the changes to the db.

Hope this helped, if not let me know what i should clarify!

Regards

Hello,

where is the tutorial? I can't find it on this page.

Thank you.

Tiago Jordão

Hi Tiago,

If by tutorial you mean the OutSystems In One Hour getting started guide, you are on the final page of the tutorial.

On the OutSystems - Learn pages you can find even more information on developing in OutSystems.

Hope the helped!

Regards Fons

Tiago Jordão wrote:

Hello,

Thank you.

Tiago Jordão

Fons Roelandt wrote:

Hi Tiago,

If by tutorial you mean the OutSystems In One Hour getting started guide, you are on the final page of the tutorial.

On the OutSystems - Learn pages you can find even more information on developing in OutSystems.

Hope the helped!

Regards Fons

Tiago Jordão wrote:

Hello,

Thank you.

Tiago Jordão

Thank you,

This afternoon the task manager challenge wasn't visible for some reason.