Getting frequent Communication error, platform going down frequently

Getting frequent Communication error, platform going down frequently

We are having this strange issue, platform keeps going down and developers are getting communication error while connecting from studio.

so we have implemented daily restart of the services, however this still doesnt solved our problem. So what are the checking points to troubleshoot this more? what are logs outsystem platform generated apart from jboss logs?

service outsystems stop
service jboss-outsystems stop
service jboss-outsystems-mq stop
service jboss-outsystems-mq start
service jboss-outsystems start
service outsystems start

Hi Chetan,

What service is going down? The jboss service?
Communication errors should not be related to the platform services, but if you want to check the services logs they are available at /opt/outsystems/platform/logs/

Aren't there any related errors in the jboss logs?
How is the system and the jboss processes looking in terms of memory limits?

Regards,
João Rosado

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi, 

I see lot of error like below in platform log scheduler log file: It looks like queues are not initialized. But what could be the reason for that? Does it mean that when we mq service, things are failed to initialize?

2015-06-08 01:18:06,220 ERROR [outsystems.hubedition.util.ServerLog] (Timer Processor #3) Error on Message Queue setup: queue/OutSystemsErrorLog
Exception: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to create session factory
2015-06-08 01:18:06,222 ERROR [outsystems.hubedition.util.ServerLog] (Timer Processor #3) Error sending log: javax.jms.IllegalStateException: Unable to create QueueSession because connection not initialized

Regards
Chetan
Hi,

Those can happen if the jboss-outsystems-mq service is not up.

Regards,
João Rosado
That JBoss message queue seems particularly fragile. I see many issues with it with the servers I work with.

You need to look at the JBoss server log to find out why it is going down. In a few of the servers I have seen, you need to increase the "PermGen" memory for the server:

http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/3533/jboss-permgen-space-out-of-memory/

J.Ja