[Silk UI Web] Bugs \ Suggestions

[Silk UI Web] Bugs \ Suggestions

Forge Component
(47)
Published on 11 Nov (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs
47 votes
Published on 11 Nov (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs
#1 - The Search widget if its placed inside the Title placeholder of the SectionExpandable widget. the search icon becames bigger than normal:

#2 - We should be able to set the top margin of the ButtonsArea widget

#3 - Please, rename the class "button" from the CSS:

".calendarPattern thead .button"

Having a button class creates a annoying behavior in Service Studio when we want to add the Button class to a link widget. I try to write "Button" but then Service Studio autocomplete to "button" which is an existing class but different from the one I really want (Button).

#4 - The Post Widget should have some format options for the PostDate. If I always want the date and time, just the date, etc.

#5 - Can we have a widget for the file upload, that could override the ugly look of the default one?

#6 - In my opinion, the Label class shouldn't have the 10px left margin. With this margin I can't have things aligned in a ShowRecord or other widgets.

#7 - The disabled links with the Button class shouldn't have the "hover" effect.

#8 - SectionExpandable widget: option to expand only with a click in the expand icon and not the entire title placeholder. When I add an input to the title of the SectionExpandable, the section expands when I click the input to set focus.

#9 ButtonGroup2 widget has a layout problem in Service Studio. The radio button text is placed over the radio button widget:

# 10 - The Ballon widget needs a placement option like the Info Widget and like the original popover.js from Bootstrap. This is a good replacement for the Popup_InfoBallon, but like this widget most of the time I want to show it at the right of the element.
Awesome feedback, keep it up :)

Hello Carlos,

Once again, Thanks for the awesome feedback.
We will analise and add it to our backlog.

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hello Carlos,

Looking into your feedback, we can already give you some answers/hints:

#8 - Regarding the Input on the title of a section expandable, with some javascrpt code you can actually prevent the propagation of the click on the input, in order to have the desired behaviour:

https://api.jquery.com/event.stoppropagation/

#9 - In this case, and since the radio buttons actually are not visible on your browser, the idea was to give the radiobutton some transparency so that you can still select it but at the same time show that it will not be show up on the browser. Right now, that is the only way we have to give that ideia, but we will add that to our backlog to be further analised.

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus

Hi Samuel.

I will try the stoppropagation event.

Some more suggestions:

#11 - Please, add a Display property for the Alert widget. The alerts are basically conditional, so they should have a display property, instead of using a If widget or a container just for that.

#12 - Will we have something like the "Input groups" from bootstrap?
At least the basic, they would be great for currency values.
http://getbootstrap.com/components/#input-groups-basic

We need to be able to use the Tab component with seperate containers for the tabs and the tab content.  5 Tabs isn't always enough for some of the complex application we build.  We also need to be able th print the page with all of the tabs expanded.
Hello Rebecca,

Thanks for the feedback. We will take it in consideration.
Regarding the Tabs Pattern, If you want to increase the amount Tabs available, my suggestion is to copy the pattern to your application and add the "missing" Tabs.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

We can copy and make our own widget but then we don't get updates if there are any. 
One more bug:

#13 - The IconDropdown widget, when placed inside a TableRecords widget, the dropdown menu is cut in the last 2 lines:

The menu is open in the last line, but its behind the table.

@Samuel, when are you going to release a new version of SilkUI Framework and the themes with some fixes? I'm still waiting for the fix for the problem with the submenus and the small desktops\tablets.
I'm finishing the conversion of a client theme to Dublin\SilkUI and want to send it to QA\PROD as soon as possible, but there are many bugs that need to be fixed before that.
The last version of SilkUI (1.0.4) was published 3 weeks ago. We need a faster response from Outsystems, at least for bug fixing.
Hello Carlos,

We are aiming to release a new release of SilkUI in July. That release will fix some of the issues that you have reported.
Please keep the feedback comming.

Cheers,
Samuel Jesus
Hi Samuel,

July? Sorry, but that is unacceptable.
The problem with the Dublin menu in tablet\small desktop mode is a critical one, and is known problem since the release of v1.0.4, 3 weeks ago. We can't wait 2 or 3 more weeks for it to be fixed\released.

SilkUI is not in Beta anymore, was released to public and is marked as stable (which is not), and critical bugs\problems must be fixed and released as soon as possible.
I have a big application almost fully upgraded to Dublin/SilkUI, and it's a real project for a real costumer with a release schedule. I'm waiting for a fix for this problem for 3 weeks, and I can't wait more 2 or 3 weeks.
I can't deliver the application to the costumer because in small resolutions (tablets / small displays) the menu doesn't work. And I have users working with Microsoft Surface and old displays, for whom the application would be totally unusable.

The problem is even visible in SilkUI public website. I can't use it with my second monitor (low resolution) and must see it with my main monitor:
http://labs.outsystems.net/dublinpreview/

SilkUI is great, but at this moment it's very green, needs some work, and a better/faster response from Outsystems to improve it.

We can't wait too long for usability problems like the Dublin menu or the number #13 bug I have reported to be fixed.

Instead of waiting 6 or 7 weeks for a release where you deliver a build with a release note of 50 problems fixed, I prefer a weekly build with the 2 or 3 major problems fixed and gradual improvements. That way we have something to work with.

This way, it's neither Agile or RAD!
Can you update the number of tabs in the Navigation > Tabs to, let's say, 10 tabs? We are currently unable to use the default SilkUi template, because it could only show 5 tabs and we need more.

As a quick fix we can modify this ourselves, but we would like this to be included by OS in order for us to keep on upgrading when new versions are released.
Hello Carlos,

Silk UI is a community-supported component and therefore does not fall under standard Support terms and services of OutSystems Platform.

Having said that, we do want you to have the best experience possible and a lot should be working out of box, specially menus :)

We might have dropped the ball on this one, and we're going to fix it and also ensure it does not happen again. We have thousand of tests and keep evolving them.
We're aiming at providing a patch on monday to solve this menu issue.

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hello Remco,

For now we do not intend to change the Tabs pattern, but we will keep your feedback in consideration for the next time we review it.

Cheers,
Samuel Jesus
Another bug similar to the number #13:

#14 - If a ComboBox with the Select2 Widget is placed inside a popup (with LayoutPopup from SilkUI), the ComboBox options are displayed under the popup:

The same ComboBox without the Select2 Widget displays ok.

@Samuel: do you have any suggestion for this problem and number #13 until a new version of SIlkUI is released?
This 2 are the most critical problems I have at the moment.
Some issues I encountered on the tiles (with liverpool as base)

A visual bug I encountered.
TileNumber, vertical alignment of 2 tilenumbers, 1 with info, 1 without is wrong.
It should be aligned correctly, see screenshot (I added black lines to see it better)
Funny thing is, tbh, I expected because it's a bug, the left one would be lower because of the extra information-icon :)

Resizing browser with TileNumber don't resize well, the other do resize much better

When linking tiles to screens, there is no hover-style.
which is kinda annoying

and a question, it it possible to select custom colors?

Regarding my problem number #13, the CSS causing that behavior is this one from the Dublin Theme:

.TableRecords { overflow: hidden; }

I've changed this value to 'auto' and now the IconDropDown menu shows properly.

I also fixed the number #8 problem, running this jquery script:

$( ".SectionExpandable_header input, .SectionExpandable_header a, .SectionExpandable_header label" ).click(function( event ) { event.stopPropagation(); });

But the Widget itself could have this, or this could be set by a widget property.

A couple more feedback

- It seems that not all of the styling is updated when you use the theme builder.  Our company colors are blue, but I'm still seeing a lot of components that are still green (based on Tokyo theme)
- We need to be able to disable the "Smart Forms", the hovers seem to be confusing for our users and I haven't figured out how to turn them off yet.
Hello Rebecca,

Can you please share a screenshot of the patterns you have identified with wrong colors?

Regarding the "Smart Forms", are you talking about the new Platform Forms released with platform 9? 
Can you also share a screenshot with us? 

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
I'm testing SilkUI version 1.1.0 and the new Calendar widget is all messed up in my app:

- It is positioned on June 102 ?!
- Only day 30 is enabled
- After clicking the calendar it becames stuck to mouse pointer and follows it all over the page.

I only replaced the widgets "Calendar_deprecated" for the "Calendar".
I'm only setting up the InputWidgetId property. 

The stuck\drag problem is visible in the public SilkUI page, but at least there all days are enabled and not only day 30.
Hello Carlos,

Regarding the calendar following the mouse after click, I was able to replicate.
The remaining issues, I´m trying to replicate them, but without success.
Can you replicate the issue in a new application and share the eSpace with us ?

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus

HI Samuel.

I've created a test app and the problems are the same.
Please check the attached eSpace.

The Calendar_deprecated widget works well.

Screen record:
http://tinypic.com/r/19kqvp/8

PS: I'm using Platform Server 9.0.1.15 and DE 9.0.1.16.
I don't have a test example right off and I'm on vacation for a week.  The company site I used on the theme builder was www.autoliv.com.  The components I noticed right off were the calendar and waiting/feedback components.
Carlos Henriques wrote:
HI Samuel.

I've created a test app and the problems are the same.
Please check the attached eSpace.

The Calendar_deprecated widget works well.

Screen record:
http://tinypic.com/r/19kqvp/8

PS: I'm using Platform Server 9.0.1.15 and DE 9.0.1.16.
 Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the Screen Record, it helped a lot.
For what I saw in your input's placeholder (DD-MM-YYYY), i believe the issue could be the server date format.
Calendar works in (YYYY-MM-DD), and probably it is broken in the conversion.

We will look into it, and solve the issue.
Thanks for catching it.

Regards
Daniel Reis

Hi Daniel.

Yes, we are using the date format "dd-mm-yyyy" (Portugal date format).

I've updated SilkUI to version 1.1.0 and from the 14 issues I've reported only 2 were fixed.
Many of them are improvements or requests for new widgets, but there are still some bugs to fix from v1.0.4.

In the release notes of SilkUI 1.1.0 you have: "z-index - reviewed on several patterns, based on field feedback."
But the bugs I've reported about the IconDropDown inside a TableRecord and the Select2 inside a popup are not fixed.

I'm attaching an Excel file with all the issues I've reported so far.

Thanks.

Hi Carlos,

We will evaluate all the points of your Excel, and we will give you a feddback of each point, justifying why some of them aren't an issue, point the ones that are in our backlog for future releases, and why we can't implement others right now.

Thanks for your precious feedback.

Regards
Daniel Reis
Hi, Carlos. Let me thank you again for your feedback.

Here’s a status on your bugs:

#1 - Fixed in 1.1.0
#3 - We’ll look into this.
#7 - Will be fixed in next release.
#8 - That’s usually the expected behaviour of a SectionExpandable. Please provide a scenario for your report.
#13 - Fixed for next release.
#14 - This is a tricky one. We’ll look into this. But you can always work the layout to prevent the cut.
#15 - We’re looking into this.

Your remaining issues have been added to our backlog, as we do for other reports. As you probably imagine, we’d like to do everything, but we need to pick our battles. The backlog is prioritized based on number of reports/requests and impact, so eventually we'll come around to some of the improvements and requests.

We'll be more exact on the contents of the future releases.

Thanks again!
Hi Gonçalo.

Regarding the #8 issue about SectionExpandable.
When I started using SilkUI I replaced almost all the RichWidgets for SilkUI widgets. One switch was the Container_ExpandCollapse (RichWidgets) for the SectionExpandable (SilkUI).

I use the Container_ExpandCollapse to hide additional filters in a page. This way I only have visible an input and the search\clear buttons to do a simple text search. If the user needs a more advanced search, he has additional filters hidden that he can access by clicking the Container_ExpandCollapse widget.
The SectionExpandable widget is a simpler and prettier solution. I don't need 2 containers, set the display property, etc. It's just one widget with two placeholders.
After started using the SectionExpandable as a replacement to Container_ExpandCollapse I've found out that it has a big problem: it expands if I click everywhere inside the title placeholder and even if I'm clicking on other widgets.
I need it to exclue the expand event when I'm clicking on other widgets inside it. At least inputs, links, buttons, toggle buttons, ..., must be excluded.

Let me show you:

PROBLEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zackWTQWikM

I managed to get the desired behavior following Samuel Jesus hint about jquery event.stoppropagation.
And I got this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcVEyCHYanM

The fix is very simple, just a couple of jquery lines.
But, in my opinion this should be included in the widget itself. If you don't want to force this behaviour because someone else might want to keep the actual behavior, the widget could have a property to enable the StopPropagation() for a set of widgets.

This is my current fix. I'm only excluding inputs, anchors and labels:

$( ".SectionExpandable_header input, .SectionExpandable_header a, .SectionExpandable_header label" ).click(function( event ) { event.stopPropagation(); });
Hi Carlos,

The #8 issue it's all about event bubbling, if you have an element with a click event (SectionExpandable_header), and a child element with an event click (input/a), when you click the nested element it will also trigger the parent element.

The SectionExpandable pattern was created for a simple use, with just a text heading and a content, adding the stoppropagation to those elements will fix it (that's why Samuel suggested it for your own use), however we decide not to add this to the pattern because could open the door for some future issues by other cases, releated to styles inside the header (as line-height, font-size, etc), and we don't want that, because people won't realize that's not the proper way to use the pattern.

Regardless that, we have in backlog a pattern SectionExpandableFilter that will suit your case and many others, because only the button in the right will trigger de content (and you can even put the text you want there). We hope that could be included in our next release.

Regards
Daniel Reis
Hi Daniel,

The new widget SectionExpandableFilter would be great :)
I've made a few more videos, so you can see some of the problems\bugs I've listed in the Excel:

SilkUI Issue #2 - ButtonsArea Widget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw7oz7ythJM

SilkUI Issue #3 - "button" CSS class
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X4c0U79ujA

SilkUI Issue #6 - Label class
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CwYgZyNpJ0

SilkUI Issue #7 - Disabled Links
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIfnXCQnmlc

SilkUI Issue #13 - IconDropdown Widget + TableRecords
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPeVCVLOfcw

SilkUI Issue #14 - Select2 Widget + Popup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uHIx3ohKHs

The updates for the screen overlay aren't working in IE.  It is causing the page to refresh many times and you cannot disable it.
Hello Rebecca,

Can you please specify the IE version where you're seeing the issue ? 
Also, can you please clear your cookies and try again?

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus
Just found out the person was using IE 8.  We are still working on upgrading it.
Hi,

we are integrating a 3rdparty tool which uses jQuery by itself.
This works fine (although annoying we have 2 jQuery libraries running)

However, when we use the same with SilkUI, the script ToggleScript.js throws an exception:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'BindAfterAjaxRequest' of null  - ToggleScript.js:33

The Panel Widget if placed inside a Table Widget loses some formatting (placeholder paddings, …)
J. wrote:
Hi,

However, when we use the same with SilkUI, the script ToggleScript.js throws an exception:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'BindAfterAjaxRequest' of null  - ToggleScript.js:33

Hi J.

Your JQuery version it's probably replacing the plattforms jquery $. This causes the plattform functions to not being available. The BindAfterAjaxRequest is an example.

Do you really need to use another jquery library?

Best regards,
Pedro Oliveira
Carlos Henriques wrote:
The Panel Widget if placed inside a Table Widget loses some formatting (placeholder paddings, …)

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the feedback. We will add this to our backlog.

Best Regards,
Pedro Oliveira
Pedro Oliveira wrote:
J. wrote:
Hi,

Hi J.

Your JQuery version it's probably replacing the plattforms jquery $. This causes the plattform functions to not being available. The BindAfterAjaxRequest is an example.

Do you really need to use another jquery library?

Best regards,
Pedro Oliveira

I don't want to, but yes.
It's a 3rd party product...
Well, in that case you will probably find more similar problems but we cannot support those scripts.

Anyway, you have a solution that is try to isolate the jquery code you need and use only that code. Can you do that?

Thanks
Rename placeholder on Panel to be "Content" instead of "PanelContent" ... if you are switching to like a "SectionExpandable" widget instead, the placeholder name is just "Content" and then you have to rearrange the UI after switching it.  Its less work to have it the same name.  Also check other components so you always have "Content" if it is applicable.
I have a client that wants the transition to be quicker for the SectionExpandable. Since it is done with javascript i cant overwrite it easily. Is it possible to have an option to set the transition speed or do this with CSS so we can overwrite it ?
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the input, we will take that in consideration in future releases. In fact we are studying new ways to animate the components.

Also, instead of override, copy the pattern to you and then make your changes there. We strongly advise not to override the SilkUI Patterns directly.

Best regards,
Pedro Oliveira
Carlos Henriques wrote:
I'm testing SilkUI version 1.1.0 and the new Calendar widget is all messed up in my app:

- It is positioned on June 102 ?!
- Only day 30 is enabled
- After clicking the calendar it becames stuck to mouse pointer and follows it all over the page.

I only replaced the widgets "Calendar_deprecated" for the "Calendar".
I'm only setting up the InputWidgetId property. 

The stuck\drag problem is visible in the public SilkUI page, but at least there all days are enabled and not only day 30.

I have the same problem.  Using Chrome browser.
Any news about a new build of SilkUI Framework?
The last big bug fix version was launched 2 and a half months ago...
Section Expandable isn't working.  On intial screen load with "Expanded=True" it shows like 

After screen resize only, the content shows back up:

The IconBadge widget when the value was zero it became hidden.
With SilkUI 1.2.0 it shows the zero value:

There's nothing in v1.2.0 change log about this behaviour change.
Rebecca Hall wrote:
Section Expandable isn't working.  On intial screen load with "Expanded=True" it shows like 

After screen resize only, the content shows back up:

Similar problem here. When content changes its height inside the Section Expandable, the height of the component will not chage, and the content that moves down, hides behind the component.

Hello Rebecca and Kasparas,

I’m sorry to learn that you’re experiencing problems.
We managed to replicate the issue and we are currently working on a fix.
We will keep you posted regarding this issue.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Carlos Henriques wrote:
The IconBadge widget when the value was zero it became hidden.
With SilkUI 1.2.0 it shows the zero value:

There's nothing in v1.2.0 change log about this behaviour change.
 Hello Carlos,

Yes, that behaviour change was not on the change log. We will add that information to the change log.

The IconBadge changed its behaviour due to several feedback. The previous version would not show the 0 value, and also would not show negative values.
The new IconBadge allows the user to show the value they need, and if the desired behaviour is to hide when the value is 0, you should use an If condition aroudthe Badge.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
I added some of the old styles back for height of the SectionExpandable and it seems to fix the problem.
SilkUI Framework 1.2.0 Feedback:

Positive:
- 3 bugs fixed (#7, #13, #15)
- 2 improvements done (#2, #3)
- 1 new widget done (#5)

* Congrats for the FileUpload widget ;)

Negative:
- 3 bugs \ problems remaining (#8, #14, #16)
- 4 improvements ignored (#4, #6, #10, #11)
- 1 new widget ignored (#12)

PS: I'm attaching an updated version of the Excel file with all the issues I've reported so far.
Attempted to implement this into my existing espace running the previous version of SilkUI/Liverpool Theme.
Content\SectionExpandable boxes that are "IsExpanded" by default would only have about 5 pixels of open space when the page loaded.

(They loaded inside RichWidgets tabs - so didn't have any REAL screen space. - This is a problem I've noticed happen to other java scripts that attempt to "grow to screen height" or similar functionatlity.)

You could click the SectionExpandable 2 more times, once to close it, another to open it again, and it would display properly, but forcing the user to expand every one is not acceptable.

This functionality worked on previous versions.

Additionally, nesting SilkUI tabs, even if you're nesting a copy inside a different set, will break the unopened parent tabs unless they are set to load on click.
Is there a date when the problems are going to be fixed?  I've been waiting for this one to fix the tabs but its causing us other problems with the expandable sections.
I've a couple of suggestions to make the SilkUI forum a Developer Friendly one, because we are now waiting in the dark:
  • Create a public backlog for the SilkUI project.
    • We now only see bugs that are reported on the forum;
    • and the Issue log of Carlos, which is helpful to get (at least a partial) overview.
  • Clean up the forum, remove or archive old posts regarding questions, bugs and requests related which are already delivered / fixed.
  • Show the Sprint-calendar for the SilkUI, users are then informed about new releases / bugfix releases, etc. (thanks Rebecca for the idea)
Remco Dekkinga wrote:
I've a couple of suggestions to make the SilkUI forum a Developer Friendly one, because we are now waiting in the dark:
  • Create a public backlog for the SilkUI project.
    • We now only see bugs that are reported on the forum;
    • and the Issue log of Carlos, which is helpful to get (at least a partial) overview.
  • Clean up the forum, remove or archive old posts regarding questions, bugs and requests related which are already delivered / fixed.
  • Show the Sprint-calendar for the SilkUI, users are then informed about new releases / bugfix releases, etc. (thanks Rebecca for the idea)
I've also suggested this:
http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/15433/full-release-notes/

The TileNumber widget when enclosed by a link, the text has a underline decoration.
I don't think the previous version of SilkUI had this behaviour.
The Select2 widget now shows a strange pencil icon when the widget is active (open):

I noticed the pencil on something I just started working on.  I thought it was me.  I hate the pencil especially when there are many fields.  How do we get rid of it?
The Css to disable the pencil is called "smartform". If you can't find it I can track down the code we used to do it. 
Using Emails3Rows layout from SilkUI I get this in Gmail:

Then I have to click in the link "View entire message" to actually see the email content.
For emails in combination with Gmail the email gets clipped, because the whole CSS from SilkUI is copied into the email.

One work-around is to copy only the CSS that you need to the Flow that has all the emails.
This did the trick for me.
Hello,

We continue focused on ensuring the quality and reach of the Silk UI framework. We thank you for all the issues you reported and also for some of the solutions (which we highly appreciate!). A corrective release is coming out of the oven.

We also appreciate and record all of the community requests, which we try to honor in a prioritized way at the best of our capacity. As requested previously, we’ve started detailing the full release notes.

We aim to please, but we can only do so much, so please do help us to improve Silk UI.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hello Carlos and Remco,

Remco is right:
Whenever you create an email, the Theme file content is dumped inside the email. Also, when the email reaches around 200kb, the email content is handled by a lot of Email clients (for example Gmail) as an attachment to the email, clipping the email or forcing the user to download the attachment in order to see the email.

By creating the email on a flow with an empty Theme, you are reducing the risk of this happening. With this in mind, you can have a small set of classes specific to your email inside the Email Theme. However, some Email Clients don´t handle that too well.

From our investigations, the most "universal" way to solve the issue is by using inline styles and an empty Theme. 
Every Silk UI Template contains a flow that consumes a Theme from Silk UI Framework called Email (which is an empty Theme), and you can use it, or if you prefer you can create your own theme with just a small set of rules.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Is it possible to add an action that closes the balloon widget?

I was running into som trouble with the way i implemented it. So my implementation was to have a user select an element that was displayed in the balloon. By doing so the screen behind the balloon was updated via ajax refresh. the promblem was that the balloon would toggle off since i was clicking inside of it. An action similar to popUpClose would have come in handy here.

My solution to this problem was to run some javascript that removed the js_open class from the balloon.
Hello,

i'm trying out the Dublin Template and i notice one thing. The consumer eSpaces references to the main eSpace (the one with the app theme) are always requesting an update. When i click on them main eSpace in the references screen it tells me that the Header webblock is the outdated one and that the change is related with the block preview.
After a few tries i was able to focus the problem on the LoginInfo webblock particularly on the SilkUI Ballon webblock. If i remove it the problem disappears.

This is more an annoyance than a real problem but it will be nice if it was corrected.

best regards
Hi,

We updated to new 1.2.0 and some users are reporting an issue on Select2 that will not allow them to use the mouse cursor to select an item. Select2 will only react to the keyboard and not the mouse clicks.

Anyone detected this too?

Thanks,
Tiago
On Style Generation ... it does beautiful for most of the main themes, but it is missing the theme on the sub menu items.  It should also make the background of these items to be the same as the menu since it is already inheriting the font color.  Also, it would be nice if you had a web service or share the module on forge so we can reuse css generator.
Has anyone run in to this problem: if you put a Silkui control (e.g. SectionExpandable) to a web screen, it works fine. If you move it to the layout control, you get an error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: SilkUI is not defined

This gets thrown from the SectionExpandable.en.js at the first row where "SilkUI" is referenced:
SilkUI.SectionExpandable = new SectionExpandableObject();

Apparently "SilkUI" does not get correctly defined when the SectionExpandable control is on the layout control.

Edit: the order of .js files in page source seems to be incorrect:

<script src="_osjs.js?9_0_1_25" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Navigation/Breadcrumbs.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Private/jQuery_Easing.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Content/SectionExpandable.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Javascript/SilkUICommon.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Javascript/SilkUI.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Utilities/Feedback_AjaxWait.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/RichWidgets/jQueryUI/jQueryUIInternal.en.js?3304" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/RichWidgets/jQueryUI/jQueryComponents.en.js?3304" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/RichWidgets/RichWidgets/Feedback_Message.en.js?3304" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/UtilyticsRetailer/Common/Layout_TableauPage.js?5952" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/WebUtils/WebBlocks/GoogleAnalyticsPageViewTracker.js?5926" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/RichWidgets/RichWidgets/DropDownMenu.en.js?3304" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Private/ColumnsJS.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Controls/Calendar.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Private/AccordionVertical.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/TableauConnector/Tableau/TableauWebBlock.js?5937" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
Toni Juvani wrote:
Has anyone run in to this problem: if you put a Silkui control (e.g. SectionExpandable) to a web screen, it works fine. If you move it to the layout control, you get an error:

This gets thrown from the SectionExpandable.en.js at the first row where "SilkUI" is referenced:
SilkUI.SectionExpandable = new SectionExpandableObject();

Apparently "SilkUI" does not get correctly defined when the SectionExpandable control is on the layout control.

Edit: the order of .js files in page source seems to be incorrect:

<script src="_osjs.js?9_0_1_25" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Navigation/Breadcrumbs.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Private/jQuery_Easing.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Content/SectionExpandable.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Javascript/SilkUICommon.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Javascript/SilkUI.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Utilities/Feedback_AjaxWait.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/RichWidgets/jQueryUI/jQueryUIInternal.en.js?3304" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/RichWidgets/jQueryUI/jQueryComponents.en.js?3304" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/RichWidgets/RichWidgets/Feedback_Message.en.js?3304" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/UtilyticsRetailer/Common/Layout_TableauPage.js?5952" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/WebUtils/WebBlocks/GoogleAnalyticsPageViewTracker.js?5926" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/RichWidgets/RichWidgets/DropDownMenu.en.js?3304" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Private/ColumnsJS.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Controls/Calendar.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Private/AccordionVertical.en.js?5009" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<script src="/UtilyticsRetailer/Blocks/TableauConnector/Tableau/TableauWebBlock.js?5937" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>
 I have it in a webscreen in several places. There are several things wrong with it in this version of SilkUI.

Hello Tony,

You are right. In that situation, the Silk UI object is rendered after the Section Expandable pattern.
This is happening because you are trying to use the pattern inside the Layout webblock.

Every SilkUI Layout have a webblock inside called WidgetsForLayout, which contains the definition of that Silk UI Object, that every pattern needs. By using the pattern directly inside the Layout, since the platform imports the code in order, you are trying to load the SectionExpandable code before the Silk UI Object is inserted in the Layout, and so you are getting that error.

Usually, its recommended that you keep that type of logic out of the Layout, so that it remains optional. That's why, for example, on a regular Layout you have a header placeholder, and you use a header webblock that you use on each page you need it.

If you really need to have that section expandable inside your layout, you will need to do some custom changes to the code to only call the Silk UI object after the entire page is rendered.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Braxton wrote:
 I have it in a webscreen in several places. There are several things wrong with it in this version of SilkUI.  
Hello Braxton,

I'm sorry to learn that you'r having issues with the Section Expandable pattern.
Can you please give us some more details on the issues you have with this pattern on the new Silk UI Version (V1.2.1) ? 

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Samuel Jesus wrote:
Braxton wrote:
Hello Braxton,

I'm sorry to learn that you'r having issues with the Section Expandable pattern.
Can you please give us some more details on the issues you have with this pattern on the new Silk UI Version (V1.2.1) ? 

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
 Samuel,

Please see my previous post to this thread at: http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/15113/silk-ui-framework-bugs-suggestions/?utm_source=community&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=forum-reply#Post62006

This is the exact bug that happened during the SilkUI overview during the Track B Pre-Event training at Outsystem's Nextstep Americas conference  last Tuesday.

Hello Braxton,

At the time of Nextstep Americas this issue was already being solved, and version 1.2.1 is a patch to solve this precise issue (release on 22 October).

Have you already upgraded to this new version ? 

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hi Samuel,

Our intention is the get identical layout for similar pages. This includes having an expandable panel in the title section. Do you suggest that we implement a web block that contains an expandable panel and some place holders for each page's content and then place it in the Layout web block?

Also, I didn't quite understand your explanation on what's the purpose for WidgetsForLayout in Layout web block. Would you elaborate a bit?

Thanks,
Toni

I just spotted a minor textual error in the description of the Tooltip widget. It says "diplayed" i/o "displayed".
Toni Juvani wrote:
Hi Samuel,

Our intention is the get identical layout for similar pages. This includes having an expandable panel in the title section. Do you suggest that we implement a web block that contains an expandable panel and some place holders for each page's content and then place it in the Layout web block?

Also, I didn't quite understand your explanation on what's the purpose for WidgetsForLayout in Layout web block. Would you elaborate a bit?

Thanks,
Toni
 I would be interested in this expandable panel.  It could be used to store that extra information that the user doesn't have to see all the time but needs easy access to.  Probably simliar to the modal window component.

Toni Juvani wrote:
Hi Samuel,

Thanks,
Toni

Hello Toni,

A layout is a webblock used to give structure to your app. By using placeholders you can add your content to the page instances of the layout.
From what you are describing, you want to use an expandable section as a panel on your base structure.
Due to the limitation I explained on my first answer, you are not able to use the patterns at the Layout level without creating a clone and changing the base code functionalities.

The best way to do it is to create a new webblock (in the image bellow is called "MyDublinLayout"). On this "new layout", you will use the regular Dublin layout and add placeholders inside each of the already existent ones from the Layout (with the same name as the original ones to ease the move to this new layout). Also, you can add all the placeholders and patterns you may need on your layout. 

Then, on your page, instead of using the LayoutDublin, you use the newly created MyDublinLayout, and you will have all the regular functionalities, plus the new ones you just added:

The WidgetsForLayout contains everything that Silk UI needs to work the way it does. It is basically the Silk UI Engine. Since every pattern inside Silk depends on WidgetsForLayout content, we added it to every layout, so that Silk engine is available on every page.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
I just spotted a minor textual error in the description of the Tooltip widget. It says "diplayed" i/o "displayed".
 Hello Kilian,

Thanks for feedback. We will take a look into it for the next release.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Hi Samuel,

I think I did pretty much exactly what you described above (cloned the Layout web block and added the expandable section in it). But how do I then overcome the problem with SilkUI object not being intialized?

Silk Expandable Sections are still having bugs.  it triggers feedback error messsage too.  From javascript log:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'server' of undefined(…)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'server' of undefined
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (https://server.com/MyModule/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Content/SectionExpandable.en.js?9540:98:60)
    at Function.$.extend.each (https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:18:14399)
    at $.fn.$.each (https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:18:11114)
    at Object.SectionExpandableObject.that.ajaxRefresh (https://server.com/MyModule/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Content/SectionExpandable.en.js?9540:89:34)
    at null.OnAfterAjaxRequest (https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:65:6603)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:18:14000), <anonymous>:2:15)
    at eval (native)
    at https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:18:14000
    at Function.$.extend.globalEval (https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:18:14011)
    at OsEvaluateUserJavaScript (https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:5:11860)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (https://server.com/MyModule/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Content/SectionExpandable.en.js?9540:98:60)
    at Function.$.extend.each (https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:18:14399)
    at Object.SectionExpandableObject.that.ajaxRefresh (https://server.com/MyModule/Blocks/SilkUIFramework/Content/SectionExpandable.en.js?9540:89:34)
    at null.OnAfterAjaxRequest (https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:65:6603)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:18:14000), <anonymous>:2:15)
    at eval (native)
    at Function.$.extend.globalEval (https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:18:14011)
    at OsEvaluateUserJavaScript (https://server.com/MyModule/_osjs.js?9_0_1_15:5:11860)
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'top' of undefined
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)

Hi Samuel,

There's a bug with the new FileUpload Widget.
If the FileUpload widget gets refreshed by an ajax refresh it never shows again the selected filename. 

How to test it:
- Put a FileUpload widget inside a container;
- With a button\link, call a screen action to do an ajax refresh to the container; 
- After the refresh try to select a file with the FileUpload widget. The file gest selected but the filename is not visible. If you don't refresh the widget it shows the filename.

I have many users complaining about this. Can you please check this out and see if we can have a fix soon?

Thanks.
Hi,

for some reason, sectionindex fails to work in latest version:

SectionIndex.en.js:119 Uncaught ReferenceError: SilkUI is not defined

furthermore, LayoutEmail keeps refusing to be refreshed, so you need to refresh it everytime

Hi Carlos,

This is not a SilkUI bug, and I doubt if there's anything that can be done. The Upload widget is a standard browser widget, and it loses its content when refreshed. I'm not sure what your use case is, but in general after selecting a file, you'd want to upload it directly, so I'm not sure why you want to Ajax refresh the container.
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
Hi Carlos,

This is not a SilkUI bug, and I doubt if there's anything that can be done. The Upload widget is a standard browser widget, and it loses its content when refreshed. I'm not sure what your use case is, but in general after selecting a file, you'd want to upload it directly, so I'm not sure why you want to Ajax refresh the container.
 Hi Kilian,

Thats not the problem. The problem hapens before selecting a file.

If you refresh the FileUpload widget and then select a file (or drag and drop) the filename is not visible but the file is associated with the widget (I can post it to the server). It's just a problem with the filename label.
If the widget gets a refresh it will never show the filename of the selected file.

Hi Carlos,

That's indeed odd, especially because the widget itself is, afaik, a standard browser component.
Kilian,

I'm refering to the new widget from the SilkUI Framework, the FileUpload:
http://labs.outsystems.net/Silkui/PatternControls.aspx

and not the simple Upload Widget from the platform itself.
Hi Carlos,

Sorry, my bad!
Maybe with a screen recording is easier to understand the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvo8PN5rtZs:

Hello Carlos, 

Thank you for the feedback. 
We were able to replicate the issue and we will add this issue to our backlog to be released in a future release.

Since you have mentioned that this is actually affecting your users, if you want to copy the pattern to your application, you can replace the current Javascript code with this one to fix the issue:

function fileUpload(){

function initUpload() {
        // Click On FileUpload
        $('.FileUpload_Widget input[type=file]').bind('change', function () {
            that = $(this);

// Filename is equal to their value
            var filename = $(this).val();  

if (/^\s*$/.test(filename)) {  
                that.closest(".FileUpload").find(".FileUpload_Label").text("No file selected...");
                that.closest(".FileUpload").find(".FileUpload").removeClass('active');
            } else { 
                that.closest(".FileUpload").find(".FileUpload_Label").text(filename.replace("C:\\fakepath\\", "")); 
                that.closest(".FileUpload").find(".FileUpload").addClass('active');
            } 

}); 
    };

osAjaxBackend.BindAfterAjaxRequest(initUpload);
    initUpload();

};

$(document).ready(fileUpload);

Best Regards,
José Rosário

Carlos Henriques wrote:
Maybe with a screen recording is easier to understand the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvo8PN5rtZs:

Hello Toni,

Actually, my suggestion was not to clone the Layout webblock.

Instead, the ideia was to create a new webblock, and use the Layout inside that new webblock. Then you just add the patterns you may need, and the placeholders to match every placeholder of the original layout.
If you look at the first image of my post, you will have the new Layout, inside it you will have the original Layout (Layout_Dublin), and inside each placeholder, a new placeholder with the same name.

After you done this, you just use this "new layout" inside your page.

With this aproach you will avoid this issue.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Toni Juvani wrote:
Hi Samuel,

I think I did pretty much exactly what you described above (cloned the Layout web block and added the expandable section in it). But how do I then overcome the problem with SilkUI object not being intialized?

Hello Rebecca,

So far we were not able to replicate the issue.
Can you please try to replicate the issue in a new application and share the eSpace with us ? 

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Rebecca Hall wrote:
Silk Expandable Sections are still having bugs.  it triggers feedback error messsage too.  From javascript log:

at eval (native)
    at eval (native)
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'top' of undefined
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)
    at eval (native)

Hello Joost,

That error happens when you try to load the pattern before the Silk UI object is rendered.
Are you using the pattern directly on the Layout, or in a page with a Layout without the WidgetsForLayout webblock ? 

Regarding the LayoutEmail constant need to be refreshed, thank you for the feedback. Actually, we already have that issue on our backlog. Nevertheless, so far, we were not able to find any major issue other than the constant refresh itself. Are you experiencing any other issue related with this?

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

J. wrote:
Hi,

for some reason, sectionindex fails to work in latest version:

SectionIndex.en.js:119 Uncaught ReferenceError: SilkUI is not defined

furthermore, LayoutEmail keeps refusing to be refreshed, so you need to refresh it everytime

The Counter widget when set to "Small" doesn't expand to accomodate all of the text so that the text runs over.
 I'm currently using the Balloon pattern, and I have a few observations:

or one, when the page loads, it displays the content of the Balloon before the javascript kicks in and hides it. This doesn't look nice. The div should be hidden on load, so we don't need to wait for the javascript to do it.

Secondly, there's no width and position parameters. There are on the Tooltip, but not on the Balloon. Why? E.g. Liverpool always shows the Balloon mid-bottom, which is not good for my use case. I had to clone the Balloon to make it play nice. I'd really want width/position parameters to play around with.
Hello Rebecca,

Actually, that pattern is not prepared to have a lot of text. Instead, its just prepared to have a number and a small label bellow it.
You have a workaround to do that behaviour: you can use a box, and then create inside it the same structure of the counter.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Rebecca Hall wrote:
The Counter widget when set to "Small" doesn't expand to accomodate all of the text so that the text runs over.

Note that I have fixed the issue I described above by (after cloning the Balloon) setting the BalloonWrapper container's Dispaly to False, then adding a .show() after the .detach().
I found a possible bug in the Calendar Control pattern: it seems that the OnUpdate of the edit field isn't triggered when a date is selected. Iirc, this used to be a problem with the RichWidgets calendar as well, but I just tested and it works as expected. So I'm now reverting to the RichWidgets calendar i/o the SilkUI one.
Hi,
I just noticed something on Content\Info widget.
The Position is not correct, at least for Entities.Position.bottomleft and bottomright, it switches them the other way. E.g. "Bottomright" actually moves the tooltip to Bottom Left.
I'm on Plat 9.0.1.40 and Silk 1.2.0

Cheers
Another issue: the date prompt in an input field that's connected to the SilkUI Date Picker isn't translated. It always says "YYYY" for example, i/o e.g. "JJJJ". The RichWidgets calendar gets this one right.
...and possibly another one. It seems (but I haven't tested thoroughly) that if a ButtonWidgetId is set, clicking in the input field will directly make it lose focus (as if the calender steals the focus, then deciding it needn't expand since there's a button widget). Only navigating by keyboard allows entering a date.

Which also reminds me of a nice to have: disable keyboard entry alltogether, which will safe some format checking on the output. And, while we're at it: it would be mightely nice if somehow the date format could be set to something different (like month name + year), but the associated variable still having a valid date (though I realize this could be tricky to implement).
Just found another one:
When using Content\Accordion inside Navigation\Tabs, the one or more AccordionItem will not expand fully, it will only show first line and the missing content gets thrown on top of other Items...
Hello Tiago,

The icon is too small for you to better identify the behaviour, but if you use the tooltip pattern on a bigger container/object, you will see that the position is actually affecting the position of the arrow accordingly with the object that is firing the balloon.

The fact that the message grows to the left when you select the top-right position, although strange, is caused/controlled by the Tooltipster script (used by Silk to build Tooltips and balloons).

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Tiago Neves wrote:
Hi,
I just noticed something on Content\Info widget.
The Position is not correct, at least for Entities.Position.bottomleft and bottomright, it switches them the other way. E.g. "Bottomright" actually moves the tooltip to Bottom Left.
I'm on Plat 9.0.1.40 and Silk 1.2.0

Cheers

Hi Samuel,

Any chance you also reply to my finding above?
Hello Tiago,

The issue you are describing was already identified, and the reason why we released Silk UI version 1.2.1.
Please, upgrade to that new version.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Tiago Neves wrote:
Just found another one:
When using Content\Accordion inside Navigation\Tabs, the one or more AccordionItem will not expand fully, it will only show first line and the missing content gets thrown on top of other Items...

Hello Killian,

First off all thank you for the feedback.
Actually we already had identified this issues, and those issues are on our backlog.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
I found a possible bug in the Calendar Control pattern: it seems that the OnUpdate of the edit field isn't triggered when a date is selected. Iirc, this used to be a problem with the RichWidgets calendar as well, but I just tested and it works as expected. So I'm now reverting to the RichWidgets calendar i/o the SilkUI one.

Hi Samuel,

Great to hear they're on the backlog! Any word on when they're going to be picked up?
Hi Samuel,
Ok, great! I didn't noticed there was a version 1.2.1 before the latest 2.0

Thanks
Issue #20:

When a page has small resolution, the content from the right side of the MediumRightColumn pattern gets over the content on the left side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvvlDh_ncIA

Maybe it happens also with the MediumLeftColumn, SmallLeftColumn and SmallRightColumn but I haven't tested them.
Please standardize on naming for Input Parameters and also Placeholders where it makes sense.  For example, if you are switching between a Section or Panel, "MainContent" should have the same name so that your content automatically updates itself so you don't have to rearrange content again.  Also, if inputs variables have the same name, any styling such as "color" will automatically be in the right place without having to set inputs again.
SilkUI 2.1.0 was released on time for christmas :D

The new InputsWithIcons looks great, I will try it out ASAP.

Thanks for the great work SilkUI team ;) 
Critical bug on version 2.1.0:

All the pages where I have the Calendar widget now have the javascript broken.
I'm getting this error:

Chrome:
Uncaught ReferenceError: NaN20160104 is not defined

Edge:
SCRIPT5009: 'NaN20160104' is undefined

I get this error if the input associated with the Calendar widget has the Null Value set to NullDate() or #1900-01-01#. If this field is not set the Calendar Widget works fine. The variable set to the input has no value (null date).
I'm using date format: "DD-MM-YYYY".

I had to revert my client to SilkUI 2.0.0.
Hello Carlos,

Thank you for the feedback.
We have detected the issue and a patch will be released as soon as possible,

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Carlos Henriques wrote:
Critical bug on version 2.1.0:

All the pages where I have the Calendar widget now have the javascript broken.
I'm getting this error:

Chrome:
Uncaught ReferenceError: NaN20160104 is not defined

Edge:
SCRIPT5009: 'NaN20160104' is undefined

I get this error if the input associated with the Calendar widget has the Null Value set to NullDate() or #1900-01-01#. If this field is not set the Calendar Widget works fine. The variable set to the input has no value (null date).
I'm using date format: "DD-MM-YYYY".

I had to revert my client to SilkUI 2.0.0.

Hello,

I found a possible bug in the Calendar Control pattern: it seems that the Today button isn't working because the today date isn't selected.
Thanks.

Regards,
Miguel Oliveira
I can confirm Miguel's observation. The only thing the "Today" button seems to do is to focus the calendar to the current week, which contains the date of today. This is however not what people expect: we already got complaints of our customers the button doesn't work.
It's not a bug but the natural behavior of the calendar, it just focus on the current day.
The problem is what some people expect it to do and what it really does.

Look at jQuery UI Datepicker:
https://jqueryui.com/datepicker/#buttonbar

It does the same thing, just focus on the current day.
Carlos,

It doesn't focus on the current day: it focusses on the current week. It should at least highlight the current day. There's no way a good UI selects the current week when clicking "Today". Even worse, when you have selected another date from the current week, clicking Today does absolutely nothing. As soon as "some people" (and I would say "most people", at least those testing our application) expect something from the UI that it doesn't do, you're in trouble. Your attitude is that of a software engineer that says "but it works!" when customers complain about an interface being usable. Bad!
When Miguel said that today date was not being selected I tought he was complaining about the Today button was not sending the "today date" to the input.

If it's not focusing on the current day then it might be a bug.
Carlos,

I agree with Kilian, if you see the behavior of the Input_Calendar widget in the RichWidgets it works as people expected, I believe that most of the people expect that the Calendar Control of Silk UI works in the same manner of the Input_Calendar widget.
The new pattern InputWithIcons if set with property AlignIconRight=True shows like this:

The input also looses the margin settings when placed inside this pattern. This forces me to enclose them on a container to have the input aligned within a form.

Silk UI Framework 2.1.1 
Hello Carlos,

Sorry for the late reply. 
Thank you for the feedback. This issue is actually on our backlog and will be fixed on the next Silk UI release.

Cheers,
Samuel Jesus
Hello Samuel,

I've detected another problem with Silk UI and Silk Templates.

If you run a FeedbackMessage on a popup Preparation action the feedback is shown 2 times, one inside the popup and the other in the parent page. The feedback inside the popup layout is very fast and disappears instantly, but you can see it.
Please check this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_jhHdo8-U

Context:
Platform v9.1.301
Service Studio v9.1.400
Silk UI Framework 2.2.1
Liverpool Template 2.0.4

This behavior does not happen with the London theme.

I'm attaching a sample module.
Hello Carlos,

Thank you for the feedback. We were able to replicate the issue, so I'm adding it to our backlog.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Another bug:

If you put a ButtonGroup pattern inside a ListRecords widget, the event OnChange of the radio buttons is only fired once for each option of the group.
This does not happen if the pattern is not inside a ListRecords.

@Samuel:
Can you please check this? Is it possible to have a quick fix for this problem ASAP?
I don't want to change the screen design because of this :(

Hello Carlos,

We were able to replicate the issue, and I'm adding it to our backlog to be further analysed.

As a workaround you can define the group for each radio button, so that you have distinct groups for each line of your list record.

To do so, on the extended properties add a name (containing the CurrentRowNumber) to each radio button (check image bellow):

Cheers,

Samuel Jesus

Hi Samuel,

Another problem regarding the Feedback Message widget and SilkUI Themes.

If you use the Feedack_Message action inside a popup (RichWidgets) you get different behaviors for some of the themes:

Liverpool Theme: the feedback message popup is shown on top of the modal - OK

Lisbon Theme: the feedback message is shown behind the modal - WRONG

EDIT:

The problem is in the Lisbon Theme CSS, it contains an override of the feedback message z-index set in RichWidgets CSS:

Lisbon  CSS

div.Feedback_Message_Wrapper {
    left: 0;
    z-index: 9;

RichWidgets CSS

div.Feedback_Message_Wrapper {
    position: fixed;
    top: -200px;
    text-align: center;
    width: 100%;
    font-size: 16px;
    margin-bottom: 25px;
    margin-top: 24px;
    _position: absolute; /* IE6 */
    _top: expression( (document.documentElement.scrollTop - 2) + 'px' ); /* IE6 */
    z-index: 10000;
}

The latest version of SilkUI (2.2.1) has a horible bug: it's not possible to use a DateFormat and an InitialDate at the same time. See here: http://screencast.com/t/Alo4m3ln. What happens is that the InitialDate is converted to text without taking the DateFormat into account, but is then parsed according to the DateFormat. Ouch! OutSystems, please fix this asap! Thanks.

EDIT: See attachment for a minimal example.

It would be nice to have a Silk backlog simliar to Ideas so its easier to find/report issues and also to see what has and hasn't been fixed.  You have to read the entire discussion and sort through the list to check for possible issues and there are mixed versions.

Can you bring some type of progress circle to silk?

ex.: https://kimmobrunfeldt.github.io/progressbar.js/

It would be great if we can customize the aspect of the circle.

Hi fellas, 

I was looking at the source code of the Calendar widget and found something that could be improved performance wise. 

Basically you're doing a Database Query on the SYS Params to get the Service Center configured date format. Maybe you can use cache, remove the sorting and set the Max records = 1 to make this a lot faster, specially if the widget is used inside UI iterators. 

Thanks

Bug with Lisbon Theme and the Tooltip pattern.

If we use the sidebar placeholder from the Lisbon theme layout, all the tooltips in the screen become not aligned with the referenced widget. 

https://youtu.be/nXkY4H7pn10

Bug in Wizard. If you put a link into WizardStep and make it disabled (because this is future step or for another reason) - you can still click it, it navigates to "undefined" and shows 404. This is because of this script:

$(document).ready(function(){
          $("a").not(".popup").click(function (event) {
            event.preventDefault();
            window.location = $(this).attr("href");
        });
});

But disabled links don't have "href" attribute (I understand OS rendering behaves like this).

As a workaround, I'm now doing such links enabled, but referring some dummy "#", and also add onclick= "return false;" (but I think either of these should be enough).

I also don't understand why you need this script at all, if all it seems to do is involve normal behavior of link, but maybe I just don't get it.

Another issue: in Calendar. When I set "FirstDay" to 1 - there is javascript error: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier (convertDateToInt). In this case, the control is in the popup (RichWidgets\Popup_Editor), maybe related somehow.

Update: First it seemed to be fixed by removing FirstDay, but the problem is still there even without it.

Could you please update select2 code and add an option so that we can chose to hide the search box. Thanks.

Hello,

Sorry for the long wait without news on the Calendar issues, our team is gathering all the feedback provided and the Calendar will be fixed for the next version of Silk UI Web.

If you have more feedback on it, feel free to share with us.

My regards

Hi Dinis, that's great to hear! Eagerly awaiting the fix! If you need any more information than what I wrote above let me know (you can PM me or reach me via the MVP Slack channel).

Hi,

I'm dealing with a few bugs when a sectionExpandable is inside another SectionExpandable.

You need to specify wich element you need to change.

Example:

If you need to rotate the icon in theme_silkui you have this selector css

.SectionExpandable.expanded .SectionExpandable__icon {

-webkit-transform: rotate(-180deg);

-ms-transform: rotate(-180deg);

transform: rotate(-180deg);

}

This style works in sectionExpandable parent,  however the icon in sectionExpandable parent and child rotates when sectionExpandable parent is triggered.

I create this example

.SectionExpandable.expanded > .SectionExpandable_header >.SectionExpandable__icon {

-webkit-transform: rotate(-180deg);

-ms-transform: rotate(-180deg);

transform: rotate(-180deg);

}