webblock data inside a webscreen

webblock data inside a webscreen

Hi All,

I am developing a weblock which has dropdown:Frequency with values "Daily","Weekly".On selection of "daily"
I am showing a textfield and on selection of "weekly" I am showing checkbox's ranging from Monday to Sunday along with textfield.I have created an table:SCHEDULE_CONFIG in SQL database to store weekly related checkbox values and also for daily(text field value).

Now I want to use this web block in an edit page of a consuming application.I have a "Save" button in my edit page.So now when I select "Weekly"  from frequency dropdown,I want to capture the weekly related check box values(Mon-Sun) selected by user and store these values into SCHEDULE_CONFIG table and return the Id of the inserted row to my edit page of consuming application.

I want to know how to transfer the selected data from weblock referred in edit page and return the id of inserted rwo from the webblock to the edit page.I am guessing that we need to use NotifyWidget action for this but I am not sure how.Please let me know any idea on this.

Thanks
Prashanth
Hi Prashanth,

You will have to pass those arguments from the webblock using Message property of the NotifyWidget. That Message will be a string "arguments".
In your webscreen OnNotify action you use a NotifyWidgetGetMessage action to obtain those arguments. Remember it's just one string, you might need to manipulate it to retrieve what you want.
Tiago Neves wrote:
Hi Prashanth,

You will have to pass those arguments from the webblock using Message property of the NotifyWidget. That Message will be a string "arguments".
In your webscreen OnNotify action you use a NotifyWidgetGetMessage action to obtain those arguments. Remember it's just one string, you might need to manipulate it to retrieve what you want.
 Hi Tiago,

Thanks for the reply

Now I am able to pass the data from weblbock to webscreen.Thanks a lot

Regards,
Prashanth