Timeout error while Importing Excel to recordkist

Timeout error while Importing Excel to recordkist

Hello All,

I am trying to import an excel file with around 3000 records in it, when I am calling that action I am getting Timeout error. But where as the same file can able to import without any error if I start debugger by keeping break point break point at that action.

Help me to get out of this problem..

Thanks in advance..
Venkatesh Gude.
Hi Venkatesh,

Just to be sure, when you import the file, you get a time-out error in the browser? Is there any error in the Service Center error log? And when you say it works in the debugger, you have a break point at the Excel, and you can skip over that? How long does that take? Is there a lot of post-processing that takes time?
Hi Kilian,

In the browser I am getting an error message "There is a problem while processing your request" and in service center I found that as a time out. If I start debugger it is working fine for me. But I want to import file without debugger because we can't keep debugger in other environments. Also size of excel file is 900kb only and it will just took max three minutes if I start debugger

Thanks,
Venkatesh Gude
Hi Venkatesh,

So if I understand correctly, the actual Excel import itself takes three minutes? But, as I asked above, is there a lot of post-processing? And if so, how much time does that take? It may well be that the post-processing is what causes the time-out?
Hi,
Post processing is there to check duplicate records and related entities are created or not... How can I prevent this exception along with post processiing. Is there any way to achieve this? If yes please suggest how can I?

Thanks,
Venkatesh Gude
Well, if post processing really takes that long, the typical way to go is to offload it to a timer. So store everything in the database (a temporary table if needed), then kick-off a timer that does the post processing.
Well Thank you Kilian,

Its working fine for me with timer.....
But I want to display a feedback message at the end of the timer. Does it possible? If yes please suggest how can I do that..

Thanks much in advance..

Venkatesh Gude.
Venkatesh,

This is not directly possible, unfortunately, as the timer runs asynchronous. You could however have the timer write  a status to an entity, and check that regularly. I'm not sure how to do that though, but others here might have done something like that and can inform you. You may also want to google the forum on "status update" or "progression update" or the like, I've seen previous posts about this topic.
Thank you Kilian,

Will check
HI,
I tried with suggested searches in forums but didn't found any solution...
Can any one suggest me how can I update display feedback message after timer processed.

Thanks,
Venkatesh Gude.
Hi,

As Kilian wrote, you can have the timer write a status to an entity, and check that regularly in the screen. Usually this can be done with a meta refresh tag or with some javascript (typically using setTimeout).

You can also investigate some components in the Forge: after a quick search I found:
- Sync
- Lightweight Ajax Refresh
- Progress Bar