Consume rest service gives Unable to connect to the remote server

Consume rest service gives Unable to connect to the remote server

Hi,

I am trying to consume a rest webservice within outsystems but I always get below error

Unable to connect to the remote server
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 

When I try the same service with SOAPUI on the server it works fine.
Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

Do you sue the same port using SOAPUI? Do you start SOAPUI from the same server as the Platform tries to make the connection? Do you get the error in Service Studio, or while running the application?
Yes the same server, not sure which port SOAP UI is using and which port is outsystems using. From the error it looks like outsystems is just using port 80. I have created an espace added the service created an action and a button that will trigger the action so I can debug. 

So the service has basic authentication, just a login and password. I have added those on the webservice in outsystems. Maybe I have to add something to the header? We are behing a proxy maybe that could also be an issue. 

Sander van Zuidam wrote:
Yes the same server, not sure which port SOAP UI is using and which port is outsystems using. From the error it looks like outsystems is just using port 80. I have created an espace added the service created an action and a button that will trigger the action so I can debug. 

So the service has basic authentication, just a login and password. I have added those on the webservice in outsystems. Maybe I have to add something to the header? We are behing a proxy maybe that could also be an issue. 

Hello, i am having exactly the same problem! Can someone please bump this thread?!

You just have.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

You just have.

You got that right.. What about the issue, have something to add?

Thanks,
Ramires

Whether you have "exactly the same problem" is not a given, as the underlying cause could be different. Are you also a consuming a web service with basic authentication? Does it also work in SOAPUI for you? If so, have you turned on detailed REST logging, and checked what is actually being sent by the Platform? Is it the same as what SOAPUI sends? Etc.