Getting server time

Getting server time

Hi Guys! just want to ask why outsystems CurrDateTime() is getting device's datetime and not the server time?
Is there a way to get server time?

Thanks in advance! :)
Hi Lennard,

It is meant to return date or datetime of the server, the current system datetime. How exactly are you using it?
Yup,

It should be the server's time, so a bit strange.

im passing it trough the calendar i got from forge. im supposed to locked users picking dates less than current date but if users try to change the datetime of their device they could pick out the days that are supposed to be disabled. 
Please share the oml or give us the exact place where you call the currdatetime()

and are you sure the device time is different than server or does it happen to be the same?

I cant share the oml because of company policies  :(

but you can visit the site. www.tripmoba.com   you can see that in the departure and arrival i have disabled previous dates. Allowable booking should be 2 days after the current date but we currently have an issue that the user was able to book a day after the currentdate. after checking. if a user changed his/her device datetime on an earlier date he/she can now be able to pick dates that should have been disabled.

I hope you understand my explanation, english is not my native tounge. hehe

Lennard,

Cool website! is all of this build with OutSystems? Is the UI based on SilkUI?

Lennard,

I have changed my laptop system date and opened a new browser window and I see the default option to book as being 2 days from today (2-July). But then if I open the pop-up calendar I can go back to "my systemdate + 2".

So, your problem is in the calendar popup. What you have under the hood of that calendar is not working right. Can you trace where it comes from?

PS: the website does look good indeed.
well, no problem there.

still, I am wondering where you actually retrieve the currdatetime and check with it.
How does your validation look like?
So, what is the function called exactly and from which component?
the calendarwidget probably does something locally and you have to do some extra checks
yes :) built everything from outsystems except for webservices that would connect to airlines :D
we didnt use the silkui because it was developed in outsystems 8 when silk ui was not yet around? or we just dont know it yet. hehe

Matthias Preuter wrote:
Lennard,

Cool website! is all of this build with OutSystems? Is the UI based on SilkUI?

i'll check the calendar widget then.. i got it from forge because of the ability to disable some dates. 
thanks Tiago :)

Tiago Neves wrote:
Lennard,

I have changed my laptop system date and opened a new browser window and I see the default option to book as being 2 days from today (2-July). But then if I open the pop-up calendar I can go back to "my systemdate + 2".

So, your problem is in the calendar popup. What you have under the hood of that calendar is not working right. Can you trace where it comes from?

PS: the website does look good indeed.

maybe the calendarwidget that i used is at fault here hehe i have to check further.
validation is done through the calendar widget i got from forge so not sure how they did it. 

J. wrote:
well, no problem there.

still, I am wondering where you actually retrieve the currdatetime and check with it.
How does your validation look like?
So, what is the function called exactly and from which component?
the calendarwidget probably does something locally and you have to do some extra checks