[AdvancedAmazonS3] No response from SaveFile or FetchFileURL

[AdvancedAmazonS3] No response from SaveFile or FetchFileURL

Forge Component
(24)
Published on 2013-08-08 by Ricardo Pereira
24 votes
Published on 2013-08-08 by Ricardo Pereira
I am able to upload using the SaveFile action, and view it in my bucket via the S3 management console.
However I receive no response from amazon from any of the actions built into this plugin.

SaveFile > Response > ResponseCode returns blank, just like every other field in the response.

I noticed that the plugin is about 2 years old now, has S3 changed so much that the API this was built for is no longer supported?

I have attached a sample e-space that i am using.
To get it working for your testing you will need to:
  1. Open the espace to: Screen Flows > S3Picture > S3Picture(webblock) > SaveImage(action)
  2. Change "Assign AmazonToken" assign fields.
  3. Change "CreateS3File Record" field Bucket & Subfolder.
  4. Publish.

At this point you should be able to open the e-space, and upload an image, which would then be displayed on the main e-space page. (If it were working properly.)

Could someone take a look the epsace for me, specifically in the area of S3Picture(Webblock) > SaveImage(action) > SaveFile?

Please let me know if it's just me, or if this plugin no longer works.

Sincerely,
Braxton Bragg
I started looking more into the newest Amazon API and the AdvancedAmazonS3 plugin....

It looks like the plugin uses a very old version of the API and unfortunately it's not even remotely similar enough for me to just drop the new references into the .NET source without breaking a lot of the code...

I attempted to rig it, but I don't know enough about .NET or the Amazon API to fix the error on line 24.

AmazonS3 client = AWSClientFactory.CreateAmazonS3Client(sstoken.ssSTAmazonToken.ssAccessKey, sstoken.ssSTAmazonToken.ssSecretKey);
Hi,

Is there an update on this? Can't seem to retrieve the file url for the file uploaded. Is there a sample OML where we can be guided?

Thank you.

Is this still a viable extension to write and read files to/from S3? If so, is there any documentation as to how to it works and which parameters do what? I am new to Outsystems, try to see if this platform works for me and writing and reading to S3 is crucial for me. Writing extensions myself is beyond my skill level.

Thanks!