OutSystems and Crystal Report

Hello , 

Please can someone provide an example(OML) of the integration of OutSystems and Crystal Report using CrystalReportToPDF.xif? or other means to generate reports using the Outsystems?
thanks in advance
Gustavo Gonçalves.
Unfortunately I cannot provide an example OML but here's what I know and what I have done.  I did not use any extensions in my solution.

The big issue is trying to use a direct ODBC or similar connection to the Outsystems database.  This presents problems because the table names used by Outsystems have a prefix on them that will make it less obvious to the casual Crystal Reports user what the correct table names are.  In addition, by providing direct access to the database you will likely have security issues where Crystal Reports users are accessing portions of the database (whole tables or records or fields within tables) that they should not see.

The solution I have been testing successfully is creating a web service in Outsystems for the information that Crystal Report users need.  By doing this you can control the data that users see and you can provide meaningful table names in the interface.  To consume these web services in Crystal Reports, just select XML and Web Services as the data source, click Use Web Service as Data Source and point it at the desired Outsystems WSDL.

Hope this helps,

Hello Curt, thanks for the reply
I am using this solution generate the report, but I am not succeeding in generating pdf from it.
I haven't done that as my requirement wants the user to export it in whatever format they want so I don't try and automatically do that.  Sorry I can't help more.
If you can generate the report, what is the issue of not generating the pdf?
Do you get errors?
Do you get nothing?
Is it an existing xif?
Can you do it on the commandline if it's a xif?

Sorry, but this is my first time using crystal report and I am newbie in OutSystems. when I say that generate report I am referring to .rpt file, I do not know if .xif I'm using is correct for this task, as there are several of the same name in old posts in the forum. the error returned by .xif is:
  Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.DLL' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700c1)
I will post the .xif attached.
thanks for the reply,

Gustavo Gonçalves
It "looks" ok so far.

1. can you run the extension locally (create a console-app, and run the dll from there) ?
2. the error is perhaps fundamental here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2749690
3. add logging (if you ever get passed by the exception and it still doesn't work)
4. seems a "known" problem: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17825013/problems-w-crystal-reports-and-64-bit-machines

If you can provide a simple oml to produce a hello-world report, we would be able to reproduce it at least (time permitting)

On a side note Crystal Reports and me are not friends or will ever be ;)

Hello J.
I'll check the links and study more about. Thank you for your help. attached is an example where you have two entities and a webservice to communicate with Crystal Report.
Thanks again,
Gustavo Gonçalves.
You must install SAP Crystal Reports runtime on your OutSystems Platform server.

Here you have the latest 32bit and 64bit runtimes:

I tried to make the necessary updates, but the error continues. apparently the problem is with the installation of crystal 64bit