Error in calling webservice

Error in calling webservice

Hello All,

I am calling webservice through timer.

In that timer action, data coming from WebService,I am saving it into my local table. At the time of update operation of table, I am saving last updated date also.

Now I want that that last updated date should be removed. But whenever I remove that field from assignment, timer gives this error message at the time of processing one record.

Scheduler Service: Error executing request http://127.0.0.1/ProductCatalog/_TimerHandler.asmx for Timer Timer. Request duration = 3611 secs.  [retry 2 of 1 scheduled]
Stack:
Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:
--
<html>
    <head>
        <title>Request timed out.</title>
        <style>
         body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} 
         p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
         b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
         H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
         H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
         pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}
         .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
         .version {color: gray;}
         .error {margin-bottom: ... </tr>
            </table>

<br>

<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver>

<b>Version Information:</b> Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5485; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5491

</font>

</body>
</html>
<!-- 
[HttpException]: Request timed out.
-->
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Scheduler.TimerHandler.ExecuteTimer(String ssKey, Int32 timeout, Int32 tenantId)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Scheduler.TimerJob.Execute()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Scheduler.SchedulerProducerConsumer`1.Execute(Job job)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 0 (Id=0, PubId=0, CompiledWith=8.0.1.25)
RequestUrl:  (Method: )
AppDomain: Scheduler.exe
Path: D:\...\PS\
Locale: 
DateFormat: yyyy-M-d
PID: 1960 ('Scheduler', Started='6/21/2015 10:29:21 AM', Priv=78Mb, Virt=596Mb)
TID: 11
Thread Name: Timer Processor #2
.NET: 2.0.50727.5485

However, if I add last updated field in assignment, timer runs properly.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Suraj Borade (India)
Hi Suraj,

The error you're seeing is a time-out on the timer. Apparently, there's some logic in the timer that depends on that update date, assumes it's a valid date and does something based on the null date (which is 1900-01-01), which causes the time-out. You should debug your eSpace to see what's going on.
Hi Kilian,

Yes you are right.

Before giving webservice call, I am selecting all such records from my database which are updated before currDate() using Advance query. 

After that I am giving webservice call to only those records selected by query and after that updating those records with webservice data.

Now at the time of update I am removing Last Update Date. So because of this is it giving an error?

Please advice.

Thanks.
Hi Suraj,

Without seeing the actual code I can't really advise you except repeating that you should debug your code and see what's going on. If after debugging there are still questions, I'd be happy to answer them.