Why-oh-why: different comment colour

Why-oh-why: different comment colour

In version 9.0.1.16, the comment colour is changed from bright yellow with black text, to dull yellow with a kind of ochre text. Why on Earth did OutSystems do that?? It is far less legible this way!
Hi Kilian,
The background color is ok, but that text color should be a bit darker.
Hi Kilian,

Thank you for your feedback. In this latest release our designers revamped the visuals of the whole entity diagram to make them softer and more minimalistic. We also did some usability testing and the comment text color was tweaked throughout the project to ensure it was readable while still fitting into the aesthetics of the new entity diagram.
Of course that, as in any matter which involves aesthetics, tastes can differ from user to user, and that's ok. As far as readability goes, this is more concerning to us. Do you feel you are experiencing difficulties reading the new comments?

Cheers,

Sara Cruz

Note: For further information about the new Entity Diagram, plese refer to Closing the Gap Between UI and Data.
Hi Sara,

Thanks for the response. Although OutSystems of course may tweak colours where it sees fit, changing such a much used feature for a new entity diagram, while most of the time the comments will be viewed outside the entity diagram, is in my opinion a bit dubious.

As far as the legibility goes, yes, the contrast is definitely too low between fore- and background for it to be easily readible. I have to strain my eyes a bit, compared to the old colours, and my collegues agree with me the old situation was easier to read.
Hi Killian,

We have received other complaints about the new comments' text color since the new release came out, specially from users with low-contrast screens. We have fixed this issue and it will be out with the next development environment release.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Cheers,

Sara Cruz
Hi Sara,

This is good news! Both to know I'm not the only one and that it'll be fixed :). Thanks for listening to the customers!