More information / tutorials about OutSystems Now

More information / tutorials about OutSystems Now

Hi all,

I was experimenting with OutSystems Now. I have downloaded the source code, and followed the steps to build my own custom app. It is all working fine on my Android phone. But know I want to take the "next step", but I can't find any information about a "next step". 

For example, I don't like the idea that I need to type in my personal development environment when I use the application. How does a customer know what to type in? 

Next, If I (or another user) logs in, he/she/I can see all the applications in the personal enviroment, and he has to click the application he wants to use. I would like to make an sepperate application for each of the applications. So when a user logs in, he/she can't choose an application. 

Can anyone help me with some good informations about these subjects?
I too am looking at a way to have the enviroment that the app connects to embed within the app and not have the user have to enter it, further to that, i also want to embed a default user account that connects to the enviroment, obviously with permissions applicable to the app.

so in short, dont let the user see step1 and 2 and only see the app enviroment when opening.

Solution

Hi,

On this discussion you can find the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wja19rPqDnI#t=300

At least for IOS shows how to set the Defaulthost name, therefore the app will be linked to your environment.

Hope it helps you!
Best regards.

Solution
Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for pointing out that IOS video, using the video I was able to achieve what i wanted in Android.

For anyone else wanting to bypass the URL screen and username and password screen, it is done in the appsettings.json file.

platform > android > res > raw > appsettings.json

CHANGE THESE VALUES TO SUITE YOUR NEEDS::

DefaultHostname : "xxxxx.outsystemscloud.com"
SkipApplicationList : false
DefaultApplicationURL :true
SkipNativeLogin : true
HideNavigationBar : false

i'll post a cleaner guide later.

Hi Lerroy,
Thank you for the update!
Glad it worked!
Leeroy Stander wrote:
Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for pointing out that IOS video, using the video I was able to achieve what i wanted in Android.

For anyone else wanting to bypass the URL screen and username and password screen, it is done in the appsettings.json file.

platform > android > res > raw > appsettings.json

CHANGE THESE VALUES TO SUITE YOUR NEEDS::

DefaultHostname : "xxxxx.outsystemscloud.com"
SkipApplicationList : false
DefaultApplicationURL :true
SkipNativeLogin : true
HideNavigationBar : false

i'll post a cleaner guide later.
 Do you have a cleaner guide on Android Studio?

Hi all,

i have made my notes available : http://www.deadpixel.co.za/2016/06/06/outsystemsnow-android-guide/

feel free to use, there is also a pdf download should you wish.