dynamic carousel

dynamic carousel

Dear Team,

I have newly started with the outsystems.
Still exploring  the tools and widgets.
And now I am stuck with the carousel , where I want to move the container with image(images coming from database) vertically, auto play it
and also have a bullet like button wher i can manually select the container.
Please help.

Thanks,
Shweta
Hi,

what are you talking about?
which carousel?
what is the problem exactly? what does work?
do you have an example?

Hi,

By carousel what I meant is sliding images.
Please have a look at the attachment.
Suppose I have a container, I want to place an image retrieving from  database (lets say  I retrieved 5 images from database) . and these images need to slide automatically. And to manually select the moving images I want to add buttons to select (say 5 buttons) any image which is moving.
Hope Im clear.

Thanks,
Shweta
Not really,

but it seems more of a jquery-thing than outsystems.
you can check the forge if there are already similar components and work from there.

Don't get me wrong, we can help you, but we are not here to build it for you.
So try first and explicitly say where you are stuck, what does work etc.

Hi,

I have already tried by retreiving images from the database and sliding it horizontally(backward and forward) with the buttons using javascript and it is working properly.
I also checked with the forge, could not find any components from which I can get a clue.
I dont want entire code to build for me:).. I just want a suggestion.
I  tried many ways to achieve it , one of which is : I tried accessing the image  (datatype of the column is binary data) from the table/entity in the expression editor and also by writing javascript in the web block but unable to access the table's/entity column as it threw error,when I tried to concatinate with the "+" operator it s giving error as it does not accept anything but text.

I can share the oml if its necessary

Thanks,
Shweta
Hi,

The widget you are using probably it's only prepared to horizontal scroll, to make vertical you have to rebuild the javascript and maybe some CSS too.

Have you checked this component?