[Silk UI Web] Silk Tabs CSS overlaping

[Silk UI Web] Silk Tabs CSS overlaping

Forge Component
(47)
Published on 11 Nov (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs
47 votes
Published on 11 Nov (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs
We have an environment where we have Silk 5 tabs, inside those tabs are webblocks to other pages, some contain RichWidgets tabs as well, some contain tables etc.

When LoadOnClick is set to False ALL of the CSS is loaded at once. (Obviously.)

This causes a problem, however.

We have a webblock with RichWidgets Tabs on Tab number 3.
We have a webblock with RichWidgets Tabs on Tab number 4.
We have a table on tab number 5.

The CSS from Tabs 3 and 4 is actually blocking, and removing links from select locations of Tab 5. (The locations where you click the RichWidgets tabs from Tab 4 or Tab 3.)

Everything looks correct on tab 5, but the links are missing or malformed, and by examining it with the element inspect tool in chrome you are able to identify it as the CSS from the previous tab.

Is there any way to prevent this CSS overlap WITHOUT setting LoadOnClick to True. (This makes browsing appear slower after the initial page load.)

Thanks!
Braxton
Hello Braxton,

This is a first for us. Can you please share with us your eSpace or a new eSpace with the issue replicated so that we can better understand what you're trying to do and the issue you're getting?

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Samuel,

I have created an eSpace that recreates the issue I am encountering.
I have attached it to this post.

Thanks,
Braxton
Hi Braxton,

Thanks for the feedback, in fact there is an issue with in the Silk UI framework and we'll take care of it as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Pedro Oliveira
Pedro Oliveira wrote:
Hi Braxton,

Thanks for the feedback, in fact there is an issue with in the Silk UI framework and we'll take care of it as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Pedro Oliveira
 Is this fixed?

Hello Salini,

Sorry for the late reply.
Actually, the post you referenced was from August (2015), and this issue has been solved shortly after that.

Were you able to replicate this issue on your application?
If so, which version of Silk UI are you using ? 

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hi Samuel,

When i am using the silk tabs with out any layout in the page then the tabs are not working. If I place the tabs inside a layout then they are working. I think I missed the layout previously.

Thanks
Salini

Samuel Jesus
wrote:
Hello Salini,

Sorry for the late reply.
Actually, the post you referenced was from August (2015), and this issue has been solved shortly after that.

Were you able to replicate this issue on your application?
If so, which version of Silk UI are you using ? 

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Hello Salini,

Yes, if you do not use a Silk UI compatible layout your tabs will not work.
Silk UI layouts contains all the necessary specifications and code that Silk UI Patterns need to work properly, so you must always use a Silk UI Layout, or a Custom Layout that follow the same rules of a Silk UI Layout.

Cheers,
Samuel Jesus
Salini p wrote:
Hi Samuel,

When i am using the silk tabs with out any layout in the page then the tabs are not working. If I place the tabs inside a layout then they are working. I think I missed the layout previously.

Thanks
Salini