[Html2PdfConverter] The system cannot find the file specified

[Html2PdfConverter] The system cannot find the file specified

Forge Component
(40)
Published on 24 Mar by Guilherme Pereira
40 votes
Published on 24 Mar by Guilherme Pereira
Hi,
I met a issue that size of downloaded pdf file is 0.
The app works fine on my personal environment.
But it does not work properly on my office Outsystem.

Below is the error log: 

And the directory fetched by action GetBinariesDirectory is 'CProgram FilesOutSystemsPlatform ServerrunningHtmlToPdfConverter.122843734' and '122843734' is a auto number.

I also created the folder - '*** HtmlToPdfConverter.122843734' on server machine.
I installed this app in my computer not on the server machine. Will it be the problem?

Does anyone have any ideas about this issue?
Hi,

I have seen this problem from time to time and it is a result of the wkhtmltopdf.exe not being copied into the bin directory for the forge component. Easiest way to resolve it to head to the html2pdfconverter page on your server, from there you will see an "admin" link - proceed to this page. Then from there you can see where you can upload the wkhtmltopdf.exe file.

If that does not also work then check the permissions for the  bin directory is also correctly set.

You should be good to go after that.

Good luck!

Mark Bayles wrote:
Hi,

I have seen this problem from time to time and it is a result of the wkhtmltopdf.exe not being copied into the bin directory for the forge component. Easiest way to resolve it to head to the html2pdfconverter page on your server, from there you will see an "admin" link - proceed to this page. Then from there you can see where you can upload the wkhtmltopdf.exe file.

If that does not also work then check the permissions for the  bin directory is also correctly set.

You should be good to go after that.

Good luck!

Hi Mark,
Thanks. It works fine now. I removed all the uploaded .exe files and .dll files, and reload them on the sever machine. After that I created a folder - C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\HtmlToPdfConverter.0728746745\binaries and copied all the files I uploaded into this folder. 
Then it works fine. 
Do we need create this folder - '...\Platform Server\running\HtmlToPdfConverter.***\binaries\' and copied all the .dll files to this folder every time after republish the app?
 If need, it would be better to mention this in the installation instructions.