Lifetime Setup on Production

Lifetime Setup on Production

In my production environment i have to setup Lifetime. I have taken a separate server for it.

My questions are,
1) Can i install SQL Server Express edition on my Lifetime server and manage the Lifetime database on it?
2) Will there be any performance impact or will SQL Server Express be a problem.

Shashank...

If you are using a separate DB for Lifetime, how is this in your production environment? That would make it a separate environment? Why not just install it to your Production environment?

J.Ja
Justin,

I read that, "it is recommended to install Lifetime on a dedicated environment". Point 3 in the below document details that out.

http://www.outsystems.com/home/document-download/754/8/0/0

So back to my question, does the dedicated environment means a dedicated front end server and database? If yes can i just use SQL Server Express for Lifetime metadata, since SQL Express have data size limitations

Shashank

Shashank -

But in that case, you aren't setting it up in the production environment, it's a seperate environment.

Getting past that... yes, you can use SQL Server Express, no, it won't have performance issue, but just be sure to keep an eye on the 2 GB DB size limit.

J.Ja
Justin,

I think i am setting up in the production environment itself, since it is a separate server but still in same network. Also i checked the SQL Server Express 2012 just now and found that they raised the database size limit to 10 GB.

Hope it will work for my requirements.

Shashank...