Users not visible

Users not visible

I'm not sure if this is a configuration issue or not but here it goes.

Last week we migrated to version 9 from version 8 and before I was able to get the results of the query  "Select * FROM {User}"  but now it always shows 0 results. Do you know anything about any new configuration/security restriction on over Entities from System ?
A security problem would stop the query from running at all...

J.Ja
Hi JJ, can you explain that better?

Until now, on version 8, I had no problem doing this.

By the way I need to use the User system table to check which user has an determinated email address.

GetUser(EmailAddress)
Ricardo -

1. If there is a permissions issue, it will not return 0 records, you will get a DB error.

2. You can use an Aggregate for this instead.

3. Does the Aggregate also return 0 records?

J.Ja
Yes, I don't get any DB error nor expection.

The aggregate also returns 0 records.
Ricardo -

It sure sounds like you have no active users in your User Provider.

1. Check to make sure that you aren't filtering based on the "IsActive" field to see if the problem is that your users got removed.

2. Verify that the UserProvider property of the eSpace is what you expect. Compare to an earlier version to be sure. If you ever change the UserProvider, the users you had *will no longer be visible to your eSpace*.

3. Try checking "Show Tenant Id" on the User entity and re-trying your query, to verify that the users are not in another User Provider.

J.Ja
Hi Ricardo,

The eSpace where you're trying to test query, is it multi-tenant?

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves
Hi Ivo,

No, it's not.
Hi Ricardo,

To recap:
-Your eSpace is not multi-tenant;
-Your eSpace user´s provider is Users;

At runtime do you get 0 records aswell? Are you able to reproduce this same behavior in other eSpaces?

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves
You may need to check what tenant id is being used in the query , it will always fetch the records for that tenant only.

Ivo Gonçalves wrote:
Hi Ricardo,

To recap:
-Your eSpace is not multi-tenant;
-Your eSpace user´s provider is Users;

At runtime do you get 0 records aswell? Are you able to reproduce this same behavior in other eSpaces?

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves
Hi Ivo, sorry for the late reply but I was OOO for some days.

Your message gave me the right tip, my espace had as User provider "(Current eSpace)" instead of Users, I change that and everything is fine now. Thank you for your help.

Another way to troubleshoort such a problem is to check what the Aggregate or Advanced Query send to the database, and compare that to the physical table name of the Users table of the Users eSpace.