Still Can't Find the File

Still Can't Find the File

Hi All,

I have read through most of the discussion here and even though I think I have the same case, the solutions provided still doesn't work in my end.

From one of the posts: The File types of the binaries should be application/octet-stream and not application/x-msdownload. Previously when I used Chrome to import it was uploaded as x-msdownload. Then I used Firefox and now it is octet-stream.

Even on the Sample / Test page for this can't produce the PDF File.

See above stack trace (which is the same with the others).

Notes / Things that I did:
1. Our OutSystems server is self hosted.
2. I used the Factory Configuration to increase timeouts to upload the exe's and binaries.
3. Every time I finished uploading the files on the Administration page, I republish and check to see if it works. It doesn't.
4. I tried putting the user credentials on the "Run As" of the eSpace with the credentials of the Admin User on the server. Then I republish the application. Still, it doesn't work.
5. I have set the access to Full Control on the Windows Temp folder for all Users and IIS Users.
6. I also tried the suggestion to delete the application, restart the server and reinstall for a clean installation.
7. I also tried a clean installation for MinGW settings and another for the MSVC2013 (with the installation of the Redistributable Runtime 2013).
8. I have tried using the wkhtmltopdf.exe using the command prompt and it works both inside the server and the client machine (my laptop).

Is there something I am still missing?

Thanks in advance.

Hi JC,

I haven't used this component but from what I understand from the error message there seems to be a step in the conversion process where the PDF file is written to the temp folder so it can be read from there for the download.

If you have access to the machine and its load is small, you can try to use Process Monitor from Microsoft / sysinternals to gather all events with paths like C:\Windows\TEMP while you try to produce the PDF file and see if you can gather additional debug information (would be especially interesting to know if the file was actually created before the attempt to find it). Just beware not to leave Process monitor capturing events for too long or it will consume all your memory, even if the filters are stripping most events from the list.

In my experience, issues related with writing and reading files from the temporary folder usually have to do with antivirus software or with differences in the TEMP environment variables as seen by the several processes.