Error while using Microsoft Word Object Library

Hi,

I have created an extension to search and replace word in MS Word (.doc) document using Microsoft Word
Object Library. I have publish this extension on my personal outsystems cloud environment.

While accessing the action in outsystems project, it throws below error,
"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))."

Which clearly means that I need to install MS Word on server in order to register and use its dll but its not possible for me as I am working on personal environment.

Please find attached extension for your reference, it use below dlls,
1) Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll (Microsoft Word 14.0 Object Library)
2) Office.dll (Microsoft Office 14.0 Object Library) 
3) Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.dll (Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3)

Is there any way to register these libraries on server without installing MS Word?

I would be very grateful if any one of you would help me in this.

Regards,,
Sagar Nannaware
Hello Sagar,

I believe that registering the libraries in your personal environment would get you nowhere. I very strongly suspect that the libraries can only control a locally running Word.
Therefore, the approach that you are trying to follow cannot work on the personal environment, as you cannot install third-party applications there.

I suggest you look on the internet for third-party components that can manipulate Word files without requiring Word to be installed.

Best regards,

Joao
Thanks Joao :)