[FullCalendar 2] FullCalendarSample - Drag and drop and expand the events

[FullCalendar 2] FullCalendarSample - Drag and drop and expand the events

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 23 Mar by Grazina
8 votes
Published on 23 Mar by Grazina
I have been trying to use the FullCalendar example.  I need to show my events that have been planned, but still allow the events to be moved to new dates , as well as have the functionality to increase the duration of the event.  The example does not show how I can do this, the example also does not show the events that I add on the calendar.  Could someone please help me with a working example or give me advice. Sophia
Hi Sophia, please check the latest version comments. I've added processing on the sample page which I suspect will help you achieve what you want. Do get back to me if something's not so clear.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Grazina.  Wow, seriously impressed with prompt response. I appreciate it.   Thank you these changes are def closer to what I hope to achieve. 
However, I have set sloteventoverlap to true.  But if I look at month view and my events overlap I always only see 1.
If I drag and drop an event in the same timeslot as an existing event does not update the event. 
Another thing I noticed is that on some months when it wraps over into 6 weeks( see August 2015) then the first three days are missing.  I am assuming that it only displays 5 weeks.
Once again thank you
Grazina wrote:
Hi Sophia, please check the latest version comments. I've added processing on the sample page which I suspect will help you achieve what you want. Do get back to me if something's not so clear.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Grazina,
I am trying to incorporate FullCalendar 2 component in my application, The event string is not appearing.
Attaching oml file for your perusal.
Let me know where i am wrong.

Hi Laxmikant,

First off, terribly sorry for only being able to get to this now.
The problem is you're rendering the events as background events. To fix it in your example, simply delete the Event.rendering variable from the event assignment node.

If you check the comment of that field in the structure it states:
Allows alternate rendering of the event, like background events.
Can be empty, "background", or "inverse-background"

You can check other event configuration options on the comments of the structure attributes, or on http://fullcalendar.io/docs/event_data/Event_Object/

Let me know if this reply made it on time... Probably not!

Kind Regards,
Joao Grazina
Sophia Retief wrote:

Hi Grazina.  Wow, seriously impressed with prompt response. I appreciate it.   Thank you these changes are def closer to what I hope to achieve. 
However, I have set sloteventoverlap to true.  But if I look at month view and my events overlap I always only see 1.
If I drag and drop an event in the same timeslot as an existing event does not update the event. 
Another thing I noticed is that on some months when it wraps over into 6 weeks( see August 2015) then the first three days are missing.  I am assuming that it only displays 5 weeks.
Once again thank you
 Hi Sophia,

Year long reply... The representation of August 2015 is correct. You're probably looking at a calendar configured not to show weekends. 1st and 2nd August are not represented in that case.

Regarding the slotEventOverlap issue on month view, that is either a design decision done by Adam, on a bug, fixed in the meanwhile. 

Kind Regards,
Joao Grazina