html format

Hi,
I have used RichMail to send out the current webpage content. And I hope the email also in "text/html" format.
But I have met the issue below:
The first pic is a tablerecord, but in the email we have seen a very different format.
I have tried save the webpage as a PDF file before send it out, but it also didn`t work.
So, how can I keep the format in the webpage, and send it out by email.
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Hi eric,

In the emails you have to put all the styles inline, using css class doesn't work because the stylesheet isn't there.
Hi,

Also that only happens when using the RichMail extension.
When using the Email Screens to design and send the emails the platform will already try to inline as much styles as possible to avoid that issue.
Any reason to be using the Richmail instead of the Email Screens?

Regards,
João Rosado
Another reason could be that the e-mail screen has a different style/CSS than the screens.
Thanks a lot for all the replys, I`ll try to use Email Screens instead.
João Rosado wrote:
Hi,

Also that only happens when using the RichMail extension.
When using the Email Screens to design and send the emails the platform will already try to inline as much styles as possible to avoid that issue.
Any reason to be using the Richmail instead of the Email Screens?

Regards,
João Rosado
 Hi João,
I have met issue to find the modue mail Screens from the forge. I have also tried mail, screen, but they still
didn`t work. Will please have a look on that? Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I`ve used eMailServices to instead, but it didn`t work, I couldn`t receive an email.
Will you please have a look on it? Thank you.
Hi eric,

I think João means the platform e-mail. The downside of using it is that you can't use the current screen as content (but that may be an upside in some cases).
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
Hi eric,

I think João means the platform e-mail. The downside of using it is that you can't use the current screen as content (but that may be an upside in some cases).
 Thanks a lot for the reply, but I really need to use the current screen as the content, is there any other ways
 I can do that, also how can I keep the css in the mail. I just use the tablerecord`s default css.

Hi eric,

CSS in mail is a nightmare. Perhaps there are ways to somehow convert your page into an e-mail, but the standards between what is good HTML on screen and what HTML can be shown in a mail program are wildly different.
Hi Eric,

I would recommend you to give it a try on the Email Screens before giving up on them. Like Killian said it doesn't allow to just "Sent the content of a normal Screen" but you can design it to have the equivalent content.

Email are usually different from the Web Pages since they cannot have input/buttons/javascript/stylesheets or they are blocked or ignored by email clients.
The Email Screens will take care of those restictions for you.

It will also give your users a different experience when reading the email, since it the content will be adequated to an email instead of just a "Copy of the page".
So Its not a bad thing...

Regards,
João Rosado
João Rosado wrote:
Hi Eric,

I would recommend you to give it a try on the Email Screens before giving up on them. Like Killian said it doesn't allow to just "Sent the content of a normal Screen" but you can design it to have the equivalent content.

Email are usually different from the Web Pages since they cannot have input/buttons/javascript/stylesheets or they are blocked or ignored by email clients.
The Email Screens will take care of those restictions for you.

It will also give your users a different experience when reading the email, since it the content will be adequated to an email instead of just a "Copy of the page".
So Its not a bad thing...

Regards,
João Rosado
 Hi João,

It`s very nice to hear from you. I have a little confusion on what is mail Screens. How can I get and use it?
Thanks a lot.

Hi Eric,

Email Screens are a builtin platform feature to design and send emails. You can designed them just like you would do a Web Screen.
Check the About Emails topic in the Help.

You will also have to configure in Sevice Center the smtp server information (in Administration-> Emails) and the hostname of your server also need to be set in Administration->Environment Configuration, to allow all the links in the email to have the right hostname.

Regards,
João Rosado
João Rosado wrote:
Hi Eric,

Email Screens are a builtin platform feature to design and send emails. You can designed them just like you would do a Web Screen.
Check the About Emails topic in the Help.

You will also have to configure in Sevice Center the smtp server information (in Administration-> Emails) and the hostname of your server also need to be set in Administration->Environment Configuration, to allow all the links in the email to have the right hostname.

Regards,
João Rosado
 Hi João,

Thanks a lot for the reply, now I know how to use it. But I have met some issues, for I need to send out the content of the current page. But it seems I have to create the email in the web flow like an screen.
How can I fill in the email content with the current page? It seems that I couldn`t get the URL or content of the current page at the Mainflow when create the mail. Can you give some suggest?
Thanks a lot.