WSDL Load > Unable to import binding

WSDL Load > Unable to import binding

Greetings,
I have a wsdl that was working before, it retrieves 10 different methods. This wsdl was recently modified to have a new method added (making 11 methods). The error i get is "WSDL Load Error > Unable to Import Binding 'EmployeeWebServiceSoapBinding'". The wsdl i am using is below

http://userid:password@sliudv64.safeway.com:8268/hrtr/services/EmployeeWebservice?wsdl

Can sombody please help me understand how to make this error go away?

Thanks!
Karin
Well, the platform definitely does not support every kind of WSDL. Does this new method have a special kind of parameters like enums or arrays or the like? (I can't check, the URL you provided doesn't work.)
Thanks Kilian,
The credentials are required n the wsdl i provided you.
When i go to firefox>Tools>SoapClient>Access Web Service, the wsdl works fine.

Below are the parameters that are retrieved from the wsdl, they are all strings and the results from the service when using firefox. I have also attached the raw wsdl data from firefox.

I really need to be able to get the data from this service for a project. Any help would be greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Parameters:
   <wsdl:message name="searchForEmployeeRequest">
       <wsdl:part name="employeeId" type="xsd:string"/>
       <wsdl:part name="fisrtname" type="xsd:string"/>
       <wsdl:part name="lastname" type="xsd:string"/>
       <wsdl:part name="userId" type="xsd:string"/>
    </wsdl:message>

Results:
searchForEmployeeReturn: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Results><ROW><EMPLOYEE_ID>9669804</EMPLOYEE_ID><NAME_TXT>Demissie Sr,Tamirat Geremew</NAME_TXT><FIRST_NAME_TXT>Tamirat</FIRST_NAME_TXT><LAST_NAME_TXT>Demissie</LAST_NAME_TXT><EMAIL>Tamirat.Demissie@safeway.com</EMAIL><HOME_PHONE></HOME_PHONE><DIVISION_ID>029</DIVISION_ID><FACILITY_ID>1625</FACILITY_ID><JOBCODE_CD>16393 </JOBCODE_CD><JOBTITLE_TXT>Relief Store Director</JOBTITLE_TXT><PAYGROUP_CD>029</PAYGROUP_CD><S_CONTRACT_ID>VONS</S_CONTRACT_ID><HIRE_DT>2009-03-20</HIRE_DT><TERMINATION_DT></TERMINATION_DT><NET_PAY1>10</NET_PAY1><NET_PAY2>10</NET_PAY2><NET_PAY3>10</NET_PAY3><LEAVE_BALANCE>10</LEAVE_BALANCE><UNITS_LEFT>null</UNITS_LEFT><ADDRESS></ADDRESS></ROW></Results>

Hi Karin,

The problem seems to be that Service Studio can't find the data DataHandler type, which indeed isn't defined in the WSDL. So it sees a searchForEmployeeReturn without a known type.
How can i fix that?
You said "This wsdl was recently modified to have a new method added" - who modified it? That person didn't do a proper job.
looks like the type is there, sorry i did not copied the entire message.

<wsdl:message name="searchForEmployeeResponse">
      <wsdl:part name="searchForEmployeeReturn" type="impl:DataHandler"/>
   <wsdl:message name="searchForEmployeeRequest">
      <wsdl:part name="employeeId" type="xsd:string"/>
      <wsdl:part name="fisrtname" type="xsd:string"/>
      <wsdl:part name="lastname" type="xsd:string"/>
      <wsdl:part name="userId" type="xsd:string"/>

The wsdl is actually invalid, the "DataHandler" type is not defined anywhere. So it's normal that it won't import.
Googling for it looks like it is a non-standard type invented by Axis that gives problems in all other clients.

Problems importing in SOAPUI
Problems importing in JAX-WS
Problems importing in .NET

From what I read, the overall recommendation is to modify the webservice to use a byte[] instead of a DataHandler and generate a new wsdl without the non-standard type.

Regards,
João Rosado

thank you so much Joao and Kilian!! i am contacting the web service developper to have this corrected. I hope this fixes the issue i am having with the import in Outsystems.

Thanks again!