How to make Outsystems display 2 decimal values?

How to make Outsystems display 2 decimal values?

I have this problem that when a decimal has this kind of value: 32.50, it is always translated to 32.5. We have a specific requirement that it must always show 2 decimal values.

Anybody? this is just an ordinary issue. I just want Outsystems to be able to display a configuration for this, if the decimal value has 0 in it, must have option to show it or not.
Use the system function to display decimals. You can format the number of digits behind the dot. 
Check the following link for details: FormatDecimal_Function.htm
 My problem is with an editable table field. I can't format it because it is bound to a textbox which has an assigned variable.
Lawrence -

I think you will need to use some custom JavaScript for something like that.

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

Really? i need to create a Javascript just for formatting the display of a variable in an editable table? Ok I will try. But isn't this supposed to be a basic functionality that should be available in outsystems?
Lawrence -

This is not something that HTML does natively, I'm not sure why you would expect this as out-of-the-box functionality. I've never seen a Web-based app demand that an input box always display 2 digit decimals. Output? Sure, not a problem. Built-in. But forcing an input box to maintain a particular formatting is not a requirement you see very often for Web apps.

J>Ja
You could also try to add a text field variable behind the input and use the formatting I suggested before showing. Before saving you can convert the text to decimal. 
check out currency-input widget. this will turn an input-box into a currency-format.
when changing the format is gone, when done the format is back again:

http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/505/simple-currency-input/

Remco Dekkinga wrote:
You could also try to add a text field variable behind the input and use the formatting I suggested before showing. Before saving you can convert the text to decimal. 
 This will only work for the initial display. It won't force the formatting if the user types something else in. For example, if they type "1.1" it will display as "1.1", he is looking for something that will force it to "1.10".

J.Ja

That can be overcome with an on change action...
anyway, if the forge widget from Joost is easier, I'd go with that one. 
Doing it with a postback OnChange provides an extremely poor user experience. The browser takes focus out of the field during the postback, so if the user starts typing before the postback finishes, their input is lost (and if they hit backspace, it takes them to the previous page). Doing it with a JavaScript onChange handler works well... which is what I suggested originally.

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

I will give you updates when I finish writing javascript for this issue. Thanks for your help.