dynamic field generation

dynamic field generation

Attached is an espace containing the issue at hand. Please i need help in fixing theses functions

1)i want in the finalexam screen , the student name is already auto complete, so i want to achieve a situation were by on selection change of student , the student regnum of the firmpost is automatically assigned to the regnum textbox of the finalexam edit record.In essence if joshua is a firmpost with reg number 1234 , if i create a new student final exam, while filling the form , once i pick a student name from the autocomplete , i want his regnumber that was captured in the firmpost screen to automaticall populate the regnum field in the finalexam box.

2) secondly , please how can  sum the total of p1 test sheet and p2 test sheet for a particular student and asssign the value of that total to the C/A Of the final exam table so that when input the student final exam on selecting his name his c/a value is generated based on the condition i just specified.

Please any help in modifying my espace to attain these function will be gratefully appreciated
Hi Tom!  I showed you a way you could do this with a simple screen action.  When you change the name, your choice will execute a query and assign the proper values.  Use Ajax to refresh the widgets!  
it worked, thanks for the fix, i have learnt an important lesson, when to use advanced queries when applying advanced joins. thanks