[Silk UI Framework] carousel with flip option

[Silk UI Framework] carousel with flip option

Forge Component
(45)
Published on 10 May by OutSystems Labs
45 votes
Published on 10 May by OutSystems Labs
Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to implement an image flip. using the carousel control or just pure jquery similar to this : http://pageflip-books.com/#meetpageflip/page/1
Solution
Hello Pule,

Sorry for the really really late reply, but somehow your post evaded our radars.
Silk UI does not have a pattern for that behaviour, and the Silk UI Carousel can't be customize to do that behaviour.

For that, my suggestion is to get a script from the internet and implement it on your application.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Solution

Samuel Jesus wrote:

Hello Pule,

Sorry for the really really late reply, but somehow your post evaded our radars.
Silk UI does not have a pattern for that behaviour, and the Silk UI Carousel can't be customize to do that behaviour.

For that, my suggestion is to get a script from the internet and implement it on your application.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus

Hi Samuel!

I have one question, is there any way that I can control the behaviour of the carousel whit another widget, a couple of buttons for example.

Imagine a have a carousel with 3 different containers and in the main screen I have a group of 3 different buttons, what I am trying to achieve is that when you press the button 1 the carousel shows the container 1, when press the second button the carousel make the slide to the container 2 and so on.

What I want is to have another component that can make the slide without necessarily swiping.

Thanks in advance

Hello Rubén,

Silk UI uses an external plugin for the carousel. Although Silk UI is not exposing those options directly, that plugin allows that behaviour.

You can check the carousel API on their website (check the Custom Events).

Also, you can check the Silk UI Mobile Sample App, more specifically the OnBoarding Page. On that page, we have a "Continue" button that is using the carousel API to go to the next slide:

Cheers,

Samuel Jesus

Samuel;

I've been trying to emulate the same behaviour of the carousel like the app sample.

I create a new project and try in there what I wanted, 

I set the javascript to the page like the sample, I even try the same expression with the javascript like is in the app but in mine it doesn't work.

If it's not much problem could you guide me in this, please or send a simple carousel with that behaviour, like I said, if it is not much problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards.