Registration form using the User entity

Registration form using the User entity

Hello all,

I'm learning OutSystems and i'm trying to create a webshop where customers can create orders.
I would like to use the User Entity.(customers are the users) I made a one to one relationship with another entity to store extra information about the customer. (like adres)
The problem is that i can't use the Password attribute from the User entity so i can create a user registration form.(it's disabled)

Is this the way to go? Because the only way i can add users is to register them manually in the Users application.

Thanks in advance,

Niels
Hi Niels,

That's indeed the way to go. However, I'm not sure I understood your problem. Can you please explain what/how you are doing a little more (which widgets are you using, how you are using them)? I also didn't understand the password being disabled aspect.

Regards,
Ricardo Alves
Hello,

I am using a form widget. (edit a user or create a new user in the User eSpace).

Howerver, I can't drag the Password attribute from the User entity into my form widget. screenshot : https://gyazo.com/41134a1b0d72451cc7008655d2b94542

I hope the screenshot makes it clear what i'm talking about. Is it because the password is encrypted?

Regards,

Niels
Hi Niels,

The password attribute can't be dragged to the Form by design. You'll have to explicitely create a label and an input by hand, and bind the variable property of the input to the password attribute.

Keep in mind that, when saving the password, you'll have to encrypt it. For that, you can use the EncryptPassword function from the Users module.

I hope this clarifies your question. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Ricardo Alves
There is a Forge component called 'How2UserRegistration' which should provide a good start for what you are trying to do.  Serach for that name in the Forge and you'll find it.
Curt Raddatz wrote:
There is a Forge component called 'How2UserRegistration' which should provide a good start for what you are trying to do.  Serach for that name in the Forge and you'll find it.
 Thank you! Got it working!