Login Failed for Configuration Tool Granting Permissions

Login Failed for Configuration Tool Granting Permissions

Hi,

Need help on the following issue. The OS Configuration Tool can't create the OS Users in the Database. The error says:

Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

The application server and the DB server is running on different domains. Below are screens on this.

Regards,
JC

HI JC,

There are two possible authentication modes for the DB Engine: Windows Authentication mode and mixed mode. A trusted connection (Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;Trusted_Connection=True;)is the same thing as using Windows Authentication. 

SQL Server can also use its own logins, such as the sa user. These are both authenticated and authorized by SQL Server. They are only viable if SQL Server is run in Mixed Authentication Mode. So... idk but try to verify this, it can be the cause of the problem.

Hope it helps.

Hi JC,

Taken from the installation prerequisites document:

So I guess that answers the question.
I'm pretty sure it will also work if the Database domain is setup to trust your server domain...and then the users  set up in the database are from the server domain.
But that is an untested scenario, so I cannot recommend it (and don't know how to even configure the trust between domains).

Regards,
João Rosado
I am currently in contact with your support and one of the workaround is to do a Database Authentication. Unfortunately, even the 'SA' credentials won't work.

Given the below recomendation by support:

----
In the meantime as a workaround, and while you understand what the issue is with windows authentication, you can proceed by setting up users at the database level (instead of using Windows Authentication) by:

1. setting up the database at Configuration Tool not to use Windows Authentication;
    2. filling in the credential fields of the users (username/password);
    3. clicking the 'Grant Permissions' button
----

I am just afraid that step 3 can't be accomplished with the above error.

Hi,

Like André mentioned the Database Authentication required the "Mixed Authentication Mode" active in your database.

Also make sure that the SA user is not disabled.

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi Joao,

The login for 'sa' is enabled.

Regards,
And the "Sql Server and Widows authentication mode" setting?
Yes also.

The support team haven't replied to me since 3 hours ago. I am not even sure if you are with OS. Can we like as them for phone support? We are like losing many hours on this.

PS: Currently, I am copying the setting of other OS Catalog users from our Prod and was able to manually create the OSAdmin and test connection was successful. Moving on to OSLog and OSRuntime.
Hi,

Yes I'm from OutSystems, but I'm not from Support Team.
I'm at home, so can't check what kind of support level you have (ex: availabiltiy Time Periods). But if you have access to phone support just call any of the support contact numbers.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi Joao,

I was able to overcome this issue with the help of the support, however I can't hit the 'Apply and Exit' button on the Configuration Tool because of the discrepancy of the platform version (Platform Server 9.0.0.23 vs OS Installed on DB 9.0.1.25, which is a way different issue).

I will be pushing forward with the upgrade to 9.0.1.25 but we still going to need to fix this issue encounterd during the upgrade: Invalid Complie Output.

Thanks!

Regarding that one, I just did a quick look and the issue you submitted is completly different from the one in that thread.
I'll let Support followup that with you, I'll just recommend you reply to the case attaching the module that fails the compilation.
I'm pretty sure they will need it to do anything.

My recommendation is that in the future always send any problematic module in the initial email / support case. Or via the Submit Feedback feature in Service Studio.
Saves a lot of time and ping-pong of emails.

Regards,
João Rosado