Developer Evaluation, Does it have any limitations

Developer Evaluation, Does it have any limitations

I am a systems architect and currently I am In the process of evaluating the outsystems platform from a developer point of view, and to be honest I was amazed with this framework, you guys have a really wooow product. But during my one week POC I faced some limitations that I will keep updating this post with it till someone in light me about it and of course it would be great if other expericed developer were able to add their own story with the platform. 1- does it provide the ability of hierarchal gridviews? 2- what about client side validation and custom client side validators 3- ... Will add some more later on as the evaluation proceeds Guys I am not writing this post to say that you have issues but I am sure most of the points I have stated would be covered in the platform some how, because as I said before you have an amazing system that I have to give you a big LIKE for it.
Hi.

The main advantage of OS, is that it is still a web development platform. You can use anything that you have in CSS, HTML5, Javascript/jQuery... specially existing code. So if you know how to do something without OS, you know how to do it in OS.And there is a repository of applications by the community where you can search and find templates and examples for almost anything someone thought about.
Nuno Reis wrote:
Hi.

The main advantage of OS, is that it is still a web development platform. You can use anything that you have in CSS, HTML5, Javascript/jQuery... specially existing code. So if you know how to do something without OS, you know how to do it in OS.And there is a repository of applications by the community where you can search and find templates and examples for almost anything someone thought about.

You are right and its the biggest factor when we are comparing with other RAD platforms, that OS is expandable platform not like the rest which restrict you to a set of forms and actions, but still i need some clerification on the two points i have stated above if you can just enlighten  if its possible or not
3- What about Combo Box With Category and Sub-Category as a tree?
4- More over what about TreeView control, is it supported?

HI Mohamed,

2- Yes it is possible. You can evaluate how to implement it by checking the code of this components http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/42/validation-tools/

Cheers
3 and 4. It's not by default, but there are components who can do it.

Don't forget, you can still use javascript on the front-end and c#/java on the back-end.

Actually i am very glad that André Vieira Rank: #1 answered my question wooooow

OK, i will follow your suggestions regarding point 2, 3 and 4
although i highly recommend to add the standard controls to any upcoming relaeses, becuase we are as developers are very Greedy we need to have everything :)

but no one answered me about point number 1- The hierarchal gridviews??