cache

Hi,
I see there is cache option in OS as below. If I set it to 30 mins, what data will be stored in cache?
And I also want to add a button to user to manually clear the cache, how can I do that?
Thanks a lot.
Hello Eric,

Outsystems Cache mechanism will cach everithing on that screen, using the input parameters, if another request arrive to that screen with the same parameters the server will return the cached version, without running the preparation or anything like that. 
In order to have a button to clear the cache you just need to add an input parameter that changes whenever the user clicks that button, be awere that you also have the invalidate cache action that should do what you want but it will invalidate all the server cache. So you probably don't want to use it.

Hope that this helps you.

Best Regards
CR

Carlos Rocha wrote:

Hello Eric,

Outsystems Cache mechanism will cach everithing on that screen, using the input parameters, if another request arrive to that screen with the same parameters the server will return the cached version, without running the preparation or anything like that.
In order to have a button to clear the cache you just need to add an input parameter that changes whenever the user clicks that button, be awere that you also have the invalidate cache action that should do what you want but it will invalidate all the server cache. So you probably don't want to use it.

Hope that this helps you.

Best Regards
CR

Hi, Eric, can you explain in more detail? I have a case  where the return value from ORacle database, suppose it is 5 when i click a button; then i change hard codely the return value to 9 , and when i click the button it still show 5. If i refresh it... then click it shows 9... how to change this cache behavior such that without refreshing the page, it return last value 9..? tq

i click a button