[Table Record Controller] Compiler Error on SortRecordList.xif

[Table Record Controller] Compiler Error on SortRecordList.xif

Forge Component
(23)
Published on 2014-09-24 by Hugo Pinheiro
23 votes
Published on 2014-09-24 by Hugo Pinheiro
Running Outsystems v 9.0.1.9 & all of the required .NET version, IIS etc.

Error Text:
.NET Compilation.

SortRecordList.cs(37,19): error CS1061: 'System.Collections.Generic.IList' does not contain a definition for 'Sort' and no extension method 'Sort' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Collections.Generic.IList' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 
unittests\SortRecordListTest.cs(19,27): warning CS0618: 'OutSystems.NssSortRecordList.RLEntityTestRecordList.RLEntityTestRecordList(System.Data.IDbTransaction)' is obsolete: 'Use the Default Constructor and set the Transaction afterwards.'.
Im getting the same issue - trying to evaluate Outsystems but without an ability for users to customise their own grid views, we probably wont get very far into evaluation.!
Hello,

in fact this version was an error related to the SortRecordList extension, even if you remove that dependency, the component doesn't work as expected, due to some javascript errors, because this component was build in a older version. I will try to come as soon as I can with a better solution that I did recently. I just need to put it in a component.

Best Regards,
Hugo Pinheiro
Thanks! The Community seems great here!

I managed to fix the error in the c# code (was referencing something.data.sort... and now was just something.sort - sorry dont have the exact portion of code but was easy to find - good investigation again into how easy it is :)

But yes to get it working I had to set my jquery to an old version that warns me that it will be depricated soon.  

But I at least got to try it to see how it worked and what is possible so thankyou.  This is an excellent edition for  Table Records and im surprised it hasnt been integrated by default.. Such a powerful and needed feature!

Look forward to seeing your new solution!