Uploading Large Excel File

Uploading Large Excel File

Hi,

I am using ExcelToRecordList to convert the uploaded Excel file and iterate them to insert each of them into the database. Using a small dataset I am good. But with a full load of 25MB Excel file, it times out.

I checked on using a Process but a List or Binary is not allowed to be used as a parameter for it.

Any other workarounds?

Thanks,
JC
Hi JC,

I'd store the Excel file as-is in a temporary table, and kick off a timer that reads the table, and uses ExcelToRecordList to convert it and then process it. If the timer times out, you can always increase its run time.
Hi Kilian,

Do you mean store the file as binary first and trigger the timer to process it?
Yes, create an entity with a binary attribute, store the file in there, and start the timer to process it.
Ok thanks I will try that out.

Regards,
JC
Hi Kilian,

I forgot to mention that we are running it via a multi-tenant application. During testing, I got the error:

I know this is another issue so I just posted it on a new thread.

Regards,
JC
The above issue for the tenant Id is now resolved. Now, even with using a process, I am still getting a  timeout. Could it now be on the application server (IIS)?
Where do you get the timeout? On the timer, or the user interface? If the former, you should increase the max. run time.
I am sorry but where can I see that configuration?
It's in the timer properties, and also in Service Center: