1.1 Use Entities to Model Data

1.1 Use Entities to Model Data

in 2:28, i highlighted/selected "Data Type : Email" and then press F1. In the video help went directly to "Entity Attribute Properties", but in my case, it did not. It went to Home instead.
Hi analyn,

F1 should try to open the following url (http://www.outsystems.com/help/servicestudio/9.0/default.htm#<id=15006>>newwnd=false) I tested this just now and it worked. Can you try this link to see if it redirects properly to the help page? BTW what is the version of the development environment you are using? (open the about dialog form the help menu and you should see something like 9.0.1.35)

Cheers
Thanks for the quick response Andre.
Here is my observation...
I was able to logged concurrently in both Mozilla and Chrome.
My default browser if Mozilla.
When i press F1, it launches a new window in Mozilla, and open the Home of Help.
Same experience if i open the link you provided in Mozilla.
But...when i open the link in Chrome, i was directed to "
Entity Attribute Properties" (which is the expected result).
Hope this info helps,
BTW, my version is

André Vieira
wrote:
Hi analyn,

F1 should try to open the following url (http://www.outsystems.com/help/servicestudio/9.0/default.htm#<id=15006>>newwnd=false) I tested this just now and it worked. Can you try this link to see if it redirects properly to the help page? BTW what is the version of the development environment you are using? (open the about dialog form the help menu and you should see something like 9.0.1.35)

Cheers

I think i heard that a constraint is not created in the database for mandatory fields. Is this correct?
If so, why? I how are the constraints created.
If we are to create an application upon an existing database whose tables already have their own primary keys, how does the platform deal with that? Will it use the existing keys or wiil create new identifiers?

Hi Mª João,

If you want to import tables from an existing database check this help topic. OutSystems Platform will infer the primary keys as long as they are supported, i.e. it won't import primary keys composed of multiple attributes.

As for constraints those are created for foreign keys depending on the delete rule value for that specific attribute. The mandatory property attribute is used as meta-information for the platform to perform validations in forms. Therefore it is important that you secure in your logic the data that you send to the database againts all business rules, either by checking that the form is valid upon submit and any other biz rules that apply.

I hope this helps,
Cheers

I have been trying to open trascript video but nothing is happening using Chrome/Enternet Explorer 

in the OutSystems Platform. We will create an application that manages
Purchase Orders

Hi Jecky,

You're right. I just reported this to our team. Hopefully it will be fix soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi

The "BootstrapClients" Action does not work when I followed the instruction in the video.

Similarly, when I tried to attach Image to the Application, the dialog box does not appear to select the image.

How to resolve this?

Hi,

What do you mean by the bootstrap action does not work?

Regarding the image, you should need to click twice, the first to enter the edit mode, then to change the image.

Miguel Domingues