[Offline Apps] Is Offline Available after device has switched off and back on again?

[Offline Apps] Is Offline Available after device has switched off and back on again?

Forge Component
(25)
Published on 2015-11-19 by OutSystems Labs
25 votes
Published on 2015-11-19 by OutSystems Labs
I would just like to clarify my understanding of the Offline Capability.  I have written a small App with offline functionality.  Our Client needs to work Offline down in a mine.  However during our testing we found that the offline works fine if I am using the app and I lose my connection.  I am able to continue working and once I have connection again it uploads the data correctly.  However if my device went into sleep mode, or I switched it off and on again and I try to continue while it is offliine, I am not able to continue working.
Is this how Offline works (that it is only able to work offline if you stay active in the browser) or am I doing something wrong.
Kind regards
Sophia
Hi Sophia,

Offline screens and data should be persisted even if you power off you device. Why can't you continue working after that? Does the browser tell you the page doesn't exist? If so, it may be related to the URL you use to access the application; the login page in our sample apps isn't Offline enabled...

Thank you.  Great yes that was what I was doing wrong.