Platform does not open Windows 8.1

Platform does not open Windows 8.1

I have windows 8.1 x64 and when I execute the outsystems platform 9.0.1.35 after this it does not open. 

I tried this 
https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/15613/problem-with-outsystems-platform/

downloadfing vcredist_x64.exe instead vcredist_x32.exe and I tried this one too

http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/11379/service-studio-problems-on-windows-8-1/

and none of them works. 

Hi,

Try to run it as Administrator and if it doesn't have work see if you have a file called general.txt in the Service Studio folder (in the program files).
Upload the file if you have it.

Regards,
João Rosado
It's here
Hi Mara,

Looks like an issue with a specific revision of the .Net framework.

Try to install the latest version.
You should also make sure all the windows updates are installed.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi, I made all the windows updates and the Platform is now working.

I didn't install the framework 4.6 yet, should I do it anyway?

Thanks for the support!
Hi Mara,

Good to know that you got it working.
No, you do not need to install it. The requirement are lower than that, it was just a quick way to have a version that included the fix.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi all,

I'm having the same issue as Mara. I have a laptop with Windows 8.1 Enterprise and I've installed Outsystems client version 9.1.0.20.

As Mara, I've tried all these without success:

I'm attaching the 'general.txt' file so you can check the error that prevents me from using the Service Studio on my laptop.

I guess I'm missing something... Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Luis Sequeira

Hi Luis,

Looks most likely the issue with the vcredist_x86.
What error did you get when you tried to re-install it?

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi João,

This is the error. I also attach the log file. I've used the 'Run as administrator' option.

Thanks,

Cheers,
Luis Sequeira
I googled a bit for the error code message and there are many threads related with anti-virus software blocking the install.
Can that be your problem?
Hi João,

Maybe it's the anti-virus. I'm working on a professinal laptop and I don't want to mess up with the corporate anti-virus policies. Eitherway, the Visual C++ Redistributable package is already installed on this laptop. I know Microsoft has it's own class of glitches...  

Can you see any other way of having the Developer Platform working on this corporate settings?

Thanks.
Luis
Hi Luís,

From the logs the only information we get is that it failed to load a dependency of the CefSharp.dll file.
The thread you linked had the exact same problem and it was caused by the windows update to 8.1 messing up the Visual C++ Redistributable installation. It was still listed as installed but in fact it was incomplete.

Would it be possible to ask your company IT to disable the antivirus temporarily just to reinstall the 
Visual C++ Redistributables?

You could also use the dependencywalker tool (the x86 version) to understand what dependency of the 

"C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Development Environment 9.1\Service Studio\CefSharp.dll"  is failing to load.

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi João,

I'll check with the company's IT the antivirus issue. Meanwhile I'm including the list of dependencies that fail to load.

Does it help to validate if the error is with the Visual C++ Redistributables instalation?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Cheers,
Luis

Hi,

Yes, that screenshot confirms that it is an error with the Visual C++ Redistributables installation.
It is "normal" to have some error lines there, but those 2 lines for the MSVCP110.dll and MSVCR110.dll cannot be there.

Mine looks like this:

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi João,

Problem solved. As you suggested, it was the antivirus. The support team installed the packaged by temporarly disabling the antivirus.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Luis
Nice! Good to see you got it working.

Regards,
João Rosado