Remember Combo Box variable

Hi everyone,

So I have this web screen where I have a combo box as a filter for my list. This list contains all the actions for a team when no name in the combo box is selected, whenever I select a name in the combo box the list will refresh and show the actions for that specific team member. For example I select myself in the combo box and the actions allocated to me are shown, this way I can click on the link to the action and change the status e.g. When I go back to the list screen the combo box is set to the default value, which is 'All Team members'.

The question is: How can I store the selected team member somewhere? Preferably without using a session variable.

Regards, Brandon
Solution
In the meantime I found my own solution.
Not sure if I will be able to explain clear enough for everyone, but I will do my best.
In the link to the action edit screen I put a input parameter, which is the id of the team member in the combo box. In the action edit screen I put the id inside a local variable and send it back with the cancel button (the save button only saves, no redirect). The cancel button redirects back to the action list, which has a web block with the team member id as an input parameter. Then the web block receives the id for the combo box to select the corresponding team member.

I know it is not the most beautiful or logical way of producing this kind of logic but it gets the job done. I also hope that it is clear enough to understand.

Regards, Brandon
Solution

Brandon Hop wrote:

In the meantime I found my own solution.
Not sure if I will be able to explain clear enough for everyone, but I will do my best.
In the link to the action edit screen I put a input parameter, which is the id of the team member in the combo box. In the action edit screen I put the id inside a local variable and send it back with the cancel button (the save button only saves, no redirect). The cancel button redirects back to the action list, which has a web block with the team member id as an input parameter. Then the web block receives the id for the combo box to select the corresponding team member.

I know it is not the most beautiful or logical way of producing this kind of logic but it gets the job done. I also hope that it is clear enough to understand.

Regards, Brandon

Hi Brandon! 

Well done on resolving your own issue, I wouldn't have cracked that because I'm stuck on something a bit similar

I have a combobox that sources data from an entity (Specialties i.e Neuro,Ortho, etc). All I want is when my page loads, default the display to show "All Specialties". Please help if you can buddy

Hi Vukile,

You replied to a post that's pretty old (November 2015). This is in general not a good idea: it won't get noticed as quickly as a new post (many people search for posts with 0 replies so they can reply), and the people involved in the original issue might not even be around anymore (checking Brandon's profile page, his last activity was over two years ago!). So please next time, check the last post's date and create a new post instead of replying.

That said, I assume that "All specialities" is not an entry from the Entity? In that case, just set it as a value in the Special List.