Platform 9.1 Bali

Platform 9.1 Bali

Hi everyone,
From the ones that have upgraded to new Platform 9.1, what has been the outcome so far? Any problems with the upgrade?
I've seen this on the forums (http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/16717/serious-error-in-upgrade-from-9-0-to-9-1-no-app-anymore/) and wanted to get a general feeling from the community to decide if we should go ahead already or not. It would suit us well an upgrade right now, but I'm not sure if I should wait until the first fix release by the end of December.

Cheers
I've only tried it out in my personal area, but so far so good. I do have one question though. Version 9.0 only supported SOAP 1.1 for web services, correct? Does support for SOAP 1.2 exist in Bali? 
Daryl Van Johnson wrote:
I've only tried it out in my personal area, but so far so good. I do have one question though. Version 9.0 only supported SOAP 1.1 for web services, correct? Does support for SOAP 1.2 exist in Bali? 
 Pretty sure it doesn't. SOAP 1.2 never seems to be on the roadmap. :(

J.Ja

No SOAP 1.2? I wonder why? OutSystems seems good about keeping up with new versions of things. I'm guessing there's a good reason for it.

Thanks for the reply,

Daryl
I have an issue with that.. one application was built to outsystemscloud.com with Service Studio 9.0.1.20. Service studio has been updated while developing other project, now my development environment version is 9.1.0.8. If I try to open the "old" project (done in september) it cannot be opened, saying that version is not compatible. And there is no such version in the download repository (http://www.outsystems.com/home/downloads/88/). Any ideas?
@Daryl: SOAP is legacy, REST is the way of the future :).

@Sorainen: This message says that the Service Studio version you are using is not compatible with the platform version you are using. It has nothing to do with the eSpace you are trying to open. You must install Service Studio 9.1 to access the development environment.
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
@Daryl: SOAP is legacy, REST is the way of the future :).

@Sorainen: This message says that the Service Studio version you are using is not compatible with the platform version you are using. It has nothing to do with the eSpace you are trying to open. You must install Service Studio 9.1 to access the development environment.
 Agreed!! SOAP does have 'one-foot-in-the-grave' and we are in the process of phasing out our older apps and web services. Unfortunately, hundreds of them remain in production while our transition to REST occurs. Many of our old WCF services still have to be referenced while we slowly transition to our shiny new OutSystems apps. My plan is to get my user interfaces in place and into production (working in parallel with the old) referencing my current WCF services, then gradually updating to REST over time. See my dilemma?

Yup, it's a pain!
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
Yup, it's a pain!
 I was hoping the clouds would part and the perfect OutSystems solution would gently float down right into my hands. :-)

I'm sure I could expose them through extensions, but referencing them directly would be much more cost effective.